chapter six

The morning sun found us wrapped up in my sheets, our legs intertwined. I had my back to him, and I felt his breath on my neck. I closed my eyes again, loving the feeling of his body against mine. I didn't move, not wanting to wake him up. I'd stay this way forever if I could.

    Rafe's body moving behind me made me turn my head to look at him. He smiled when our eyes met, his lips finding mine and never leaving until we were both breathless once again.

    "Good morning, angel." He whispered, not wanting to break the silence. I turned around, now facing him completely.

    "Good morning to you too." I said as I kissed him. He tried to deepen the kiss, but I groaned as I pulled away from his face. His arm went around my waist, to keep me flush against him.

    "No, I need to get up." I pushed his arm, but he wouldn't let me go.

    "I want to kiss you a bit more before I'll let you do that." I laughed at his words, laying back down. We didn't stay for long like this, as he pulled me on top of him.

    My phone buzzing on my nightstand made us stop. I sat up, reaching over and grabbing it.

    "It's Sarah." I said before pressing the answer button. Rafe scoffed, glaring at me. Who would've thought that his mood could get ruined this easily.

    "Yeah, okay, I'll meet you then." I said before hanging up. Rafe only looked at me, raising his eyebrow questioningly. "I'm meeting Sarah for lunch." I said as I stood up and went to the bathroom. I needed to start getting ready if I was going to get there in time.

    "I'll go golfing with Topper."

    Rafe stayed with me until I was ready to leave, dropping me off at his house. I went with Sarah to The Wreck, our favorite hangout spot. We ate there and then decided to walk around Figure Eight. We just passed the golf course, when I'd remembered that Rafe was there with Topper, so we stopped by to see them. We found them before they could've seen us. They were talking quietly between themselves.

    "He deserved it, man. With the whole gun stunt." I heard Rafe tell Topper.

    "Who deserved what?" I said as we approached them.

    "Are you talking about those Pogues again?" Sarah questioned at the same time. The boys turned to look at us with wide eyes.

    "Eavesdropping, are we?" Rafe growled. I furrowed my eyebrows, why was he acting like this? Sarah huffed as I rolled my eyes.

    "No, we just came by to see how you were doing."

    "I don't need a babysitter." He shrugged, making my jaw drop. Why was he being so insensitive all of a sudden.

    "We're throwing a party later tonight, at my place." Topper said, trying to diffuse the tension in the air. Sarah grabbed my hand, knowing that if I'd stay there a little longer, I'd explode and we'd have a big fight. She pulled me behind her, waving towards the boys.

    "We'll be there." She yelled as we turned around to leave. "What was up with them?" She wondered out loud, making me shrug.

——

    We arrived at Topper's house just as the sun set. We found Kelce at the door, handing drinks to everyone who entered.

    "Y/n, Sarah." He greeted us, handing us cups with beer. "Topper and Rafe are by the pool." He continued, nodding towards the door leading to the patio.

    Once outside, Sarah went straight to Topper, with me behind her. I couldn't see Rafe until I was next to the crowd around a table. There he was. I froze in my step as I saw what he was holding. He had cocaine all over the table, holding money in his hand. My scoff made him look up at me. His eyes glazed over when our gazes met.

"What are you doing, Rafe?" I yelled over the loud music. He shrugged, his hands moving to the table.

"What I can." This earned another scoff from me. He raised his eyebrows challengingly at me. "If you don't like it, you should leave."

"I'm not going anywhere, Rafe." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. He laughed, standing up and walking towards me.

"Then you better shut the fuck up. I'm not in the mood to fight with you."

"I'm not the one dealing drugs."

"You're not as innocent as everyone makes you out to be."

"How would you know?"

"You're right. I don't, but you left a lot to the imagination last night." He laughed, freezing when he heard other gasps and laughs around the crowd. "Shit." He mumbled, as he grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards Topper's house. His words stung, if he didn't like it, why did he continue to do it?

Rafe opened the door to a guest bedroom, pushing me inside and closing the door behind us.

"What are you doing?" I demanded as I put some distance between Rafe and I.

"I- I didn't mean that." He said as he tried to find the right words.

"Why do you always do this?"

"I- I don't understand. Do what?"

"Whenever you open up even if for just a few minutes you have to push me away with harsh words. You always do this and I'm tired of it. If I knew you were going to react this way, I wouldn't have kissed you." I sighed, already tired of fighting. Rafe turned to face the wall, powerfully punching it.

"Damn it, Y/n!" The action made me slightly jump away from him. "Then why didn't you stop?"

"How can you ask me this?"

"If you knew how I was going to react, why didn't you stop?" He raised his voice at me.

"Because I was hoping you'd finally see the truth."

"If you regret it-"

"I'm just going to leave, Rafe. You're high and I don't want to do this anymore. I just want you to know that I don't regret a single thing that has happened last night." I opened the door and quietly shut it behind me. I pressed my back to it as I thought of everything that has happened today. And everything was about the kisses we shared last night. Why would I regret some kisses? It's not like they meant anything to him either. Maybe  he expected me to overreact, seeing as I'd shared my first kiss with him. As I was walking down the stairs, I found Sarah making out with Topper. They stopped when she saw me, coming towards me.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" She asked me when she noticed my puffy eyes. I shrugged.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. I'm going home." She nodded, hugging me goodbye.

After I'd left, Rafe found Sarah and Topper in the same place as I had minutes ago.

"Hey. Have- uh- have you seen Y/n?" He asked them. Sarah nodded, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah she just left." Rafe swore under his breath, going the same way that I had when I left.

Author's Note: Hi!! This chapter is incredibly dramatic!! This was the longest one yet, I think!! I hope you enjoyed it!!