chapter thirty one

I felt myself slip into consciousness as I woke up. I didn't open my eyes yet, not wanting to have to face the day immediately. After a few seconds of laying there, I finally questioned the warmth that was enveloping my body.

      I felt Rafe hum against my neck, making me freeze. His arms were wrapped around my waist, holding me close to him. For a moment I didn't find anything unusual, but then I remembered. And his touch felt like fire against my skin.

      I sat up quickly, making him move away form me. He opened his eyes, his gaze searching my face with concern. I could tell our embrace felt normal to him as well, but then it dawned on him.

      "I'm- uh- I'm sorry." His voice was rough, still filled with sleep. I closed my eyes, my hands rubbing my face as I pulled my knees towards my chest. I couldn't believe this was happening.

      "This is not okay, Rafe." Tears glazed my eyes, threatening to fall. I closed my eyes once again, not wanting him to see how much he affected me.

      "I swear I didn't do it on purpose." I sighed, turning to look at him. Once our eyes met, the tears I was trying to hold in fell on my cheeks. His thumbs automatically went to my face to wipe them away, making me groan.

      "Don't touch me." I hissed, making him pull his hands away from me. He fiddled with them, not looking at me anymore.

      "I'm sorry- I don't like seeing you cry." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes angrily at his words.

      "Stop saying you're sorry. What you did was incredibly selfish and-"

      "I haven't done cocaine- or anything else- since that night." He assured me, waiting to see my reaction.

      "What do you want me to say, Rafe?"

      "I'm trying to get better. I want you to take me back."

      "I can assure you that I won't do such a thing-"

      "I don't expect you to. I just want you to know that I want to get better for you."

      "Stop saying you're doing this for me. You should be doing it for yourself. It's your life, Rafe."

      "The thought of having you by my side is the only motivation-"

      "After what you've done, I don't know if there's even a chance of us getting back together."

      "It's enough to say it, Y/n."

      "I don't know, Rafe. You're so dramatic-" He stood up quickly, angrily walking towards my door. He turned to look at me one last time, ready to open the door, but my words stopped him. "Are you going to get high?" His eyes glared at me, making me laugh. "I'm afraid you can't go anywhere- there's still this storm happening outside."

Author's Note: Hii!! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in such a long time, but I'll try to write more. I'm starting school next week and it's going to get even crazier!! Sorry this is so short, but I hope you enjoyed it!!