chapter thirty two

A call of my name coming from my mother made me leave Rafe alone in my room to go find her.
     I entered the living room to see her sitting on the couch and gesturing for me to join her.
     "We need to talk." I rolled my eyes, why did everyone suddenly want to talk to me?
     "Not you too." She shook her head at me, her eyes completely serious.
     "It's important. And you have to listen to me. You can't just give up on someone because the situation's not ideal. Great relationships aren't great because they have no problems. They're great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work." I couldn't listen to anymore of this crap.
     "Are you finished?" She nodded. "Okay. Now I need you to listen to me. What he's done to me is something no one should have to forgive. He's done the unforgivable-"
     "Y/n, he wasn't himself."
     "He's never himself these days." I stood up, not knowing where to go. I couldn't stay here to keep listening to my mom and I couldn't go back up to Rafe, especially after this conversation. I headed straight for the front door, knowing my mom won't come after me, I had to cool down.
     Just as I closed the door, I realized how bad it was raining outside, with the wind blowing my hair everywhere. I just stood there, needing to feel the anger of the storm so I could get rid of mine. I was exhaling and inhaling loudly as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around quickly, pushing Rafe away from me.
     "You need to come back inside, Y/n." I shook myself, walking ever further away.
     "I don't want to feel pain anymore. I'm done feeling hurt." I yelled into the rain, turning my back to Rafe. "I'm tired of fighting, Rafe. For once, I want to be fought for."
     "You were never supposed to mean this much to me, Y/n. I was never supposed to fall so hard. But you know what? I did and that's the truth, that's what keeps me holding on because it hurts like hell to let you go." He growled with so much power, he made me turn to look at him in shock. He's never said something like this to me.
     "If I could show you how awful you made me feel, you would never be able to look me in the eye again. But I guess I'm still holding on to something that I know will probably never happen, because somewhere deep down inside me, I have this little piece of hope that someday, it will." I couldn't look at him anymore, his hair was completely wet and so was mine. I looked up into the sky, letting the drops of water hit my face. I felt myself come back to reality as I felt Rafe's hands on my face. He held my head so I was looking at him.
     "I'm scared because you mean more to me than any other person. You're everything I think about, everything I need, everything I want, Y/n." He whispered. I sighed, getting closer to him.
     "I've always wanted to be kissed in the rain."
     "Are you sure?"
     "Do it before I change my mind." And that's what he did. He put one of his hands on my jaw, guiding my head towards his and when our lips met, it felt like fire. It has never felt this way. This kiss made me trust that he'll get better.

Author's Note: I'm back!! I'm so so so sorry for not updating for like six months, school was rough, but now I'm free for Christmas Break so I'll update a lot more!! Hope you enjoyed this angsty chapter!!