chapter seven

Just as I opened the door to my car, I heard another one pull into the driveway in front of my house. I turned my head to see Rafe taking his helmet off, before getting off his motorcycle. I scoffed, playing with my house's keys. I crossed my arms in front of my chest protectively, bracing myself for yet another fight.

"You're high, Rafe. What are you doing here? You shouldn't have been driving." He made his way towards me, standing next to my car.

"You left me no other choice." I laughed dryly at his words.

"So it's my fault, then?"

"You know how important this-" he paused to move his hand between the two of us, "thing is. If my father found out I ruined this as well, he'd disown me."

"Yeah, I'm sure he only cares about your relationships."

"This isn't about you." 

"Then why are you here?" I asked him, trying to keep my voice as low as possible. I didn't want to wake up my mom, but I failed as the light from her room turned on.

"I had to make sure you kept your promise."

"And you fucking risked your life to make sure I was still doing this?" He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, slowly understating my point. "A message would've been enough."

"But you wouldn't have appreciated it."

"Since when do you care about how I feel? Seeing as you're only using me so your father lets you sleep at home."

"I don't want to fight anymore. Please, Y/n. I'm tired of always having to explain myself to someone. Why can't people just accept me for who I am?" He rubbed his eyes, making me believe he was trying to keep his tears at bay. I nodded, only wanting him to calm down. I never knew what to say to people when they cried. "Okay, so if everything's settled, I'll go home." He said as he turned around, heading for his motorcycle.

"No you're not." I forcefully put a hand on his shoulder, to keep him from going anywhere. My concerned gaze met his confused eyes, as he waited for me to continue. "You're still high, I'm not letting you go home in this state."

I nodded towards my house, waiting for him to walk beside me as we went to the kitchen. I gave him water and I made us sandwiches, having not eaten enough today. Then we went to my room. I left him sitting on my bed as I took a shower, feeling sweaty and hot.

As I opened the door leading to my room, I found Rafe laying on my bed, with his eyes closed. I smiled at the view, he was obviously incredibly tired. Noticing that he fell asleep on my side of the bed, I carefully pushed him towards the middle. He didn't even stir as I laid next to him. I turned my back to him, reaching over to the nightstand to turn off the light.

I felt my eyes grow heavy after some time of thinking, but the action of the man behind me made my heartbeat quicken. He put his arm around my waist, pulling me into him. I exhaled peacefully as we laid together, like two puzzle pieces fitting perfectly.

How could I feel so comfortable next to someone who made me so angry but also love him even more after every fight?

Author's Note: Another short chapter! I have to stop being so angsty!! I hope you enjoyed this!!