chapter thirty five

Getting home after they let me leave the hospital had been nothing short of awkward. Rafe was driving, his eyes still red from crying. I was looking out the window, watching how only some of the houses we passed by lit up the darkness around us.
That was when I realized that it had turned to night. I checked my phone, curious to see the hour. It was 12. I sighed, letting my head rest against the window, closing my eyes.

Rafe was trying to keep from crying, looking at the road ahead of him, trying to keep his mind busy.
"We should get something to eat before we get home." He mumbled, waiting for my answer. When the only thing he heard in response were quiet snores, he turned his head to look at me. A sad smile made its way on his face. He decided he shouldn't wake me up, as I'd been through enough.
He left me in the car, hoping I'd still be asleep when he returned.
He was unlucky, seeing as right after he entered the supermarket, I slowly opened my eyes.

The adrenaline that was flowing through my body had completely disappeared, as I felt pain shoot through my whole right arm, making my eyes water.
It felt as though he'd been missing for an hour, when, in reality, he was gone for ten minutes.
"I had to go get us some food." He said as he sat down, noticing my open eyes. "How's your arm?"
"It hurts."
"I'm sorry, it'll get better."

A/n: Hi! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in such a long time, I had to take some end of high school exams, but now I'm done and I can't wait to get back into writing! This is a really short chapter, and I apologize, but I've got something in the works for this book!!
! I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE NEW SEASON YET SO PLEASE KEEP THE SPOILERS TO YOURSELF !