chapter fifteen

A knock on the door made me look up from my phone, it opened before I could tell the person on the other side of it to go away. My breath hitched in my throat as Rafe entered my room. His eyes were sad, but they lit up when they met mine.

"What- what are you doing here?" I mumbled, breaking eye contact.

"I'm here to apologize. I'm sorry your mother grounded you, it was my fault-"

"It's fine-"

"You didn't let me finish. I'm sorry for breaking up with you over the phone. Actually, I'm sorry for saying that I even wanted to break up with you in the first place. I was just too scared to accept my feelings."

"I hope you know that I don't regret a single thing that's happened between us." I said, needing him to know. He came towards me, making me sit up, so there wasn't this much space between us.

His lips lightly touched mine, trying to see if I'd kiss him back. My arms went around his neck, pulling him closer to me. I felt him relax against me, one of his arms going to my waist, while the other rested on the back of my neck, treading his fingers through my messy hair. He pulled away, his eyes soft, but still a little sad.

"I'm so sorry." He said between breaths, his voice was low, from the heat of the kiss.

I didn't say anything in reply, only kissing him even harder. He pushed me on my bed, standing over me. I wrapped my legs around his middle, my hot lips moving down his neck. I pulled his shirt off, continuing to kiss him. He groaned, stopping me. He took charge, removing my clothes.

——

I showed up at dinner with Rafe. Lana's eyes widened when she saw him, casually checking him out, ignoring the presence of his boyfriend next to her. Rafe noticed her action, making him wrap his arm around my waist, his lips moving against my ear as he whispered to me.

"I can't believe you spent the night with them." He smirked when I rolled my eyes, trying to push him away, but he held me close to him, pulling me after him. I laughed a little bit to loudly, because when I turned back to my family, they were watching us with loving eyes.

"This is Rafe, my boyfriend." Everyone greeted him as we sat down.

We ate in silence, only exchanging looks and laughing quietly when someone said something remotely funny.

I convinced him to come home with me, using the excuse of him having a bit too much to drink to be able to drive himself back to his house.

Author's Note: This chapter is very very short, but I wanted to end it on a happy note!! Hope you enjoyed it!! If you have any suggestions feel free to comment!!