chapter thirteen

I was incredulous, to say the least, when Lana knocked on my door. It was already dark outside, so what was she doing here?

    "Your mom said that we can spend the night on the yacht." She paused, looking behind me in my room, trying to see if there was anyone else with me. "If your boyfriend's there." I rubbed the back of my neck uncomfortably, I couldn't tell her what happened earlier today, so ai just nodded.

    "Yeah, um- we'll meet him there." She smiled, turning around and leaving.

    I put some makeup on, trying to hide the fact that I'd been crying and I let my hair down, to cover my face a bit.

    I found them waiting for me at my car.

    "Where's your boyfriend?" Andrew asked when we got out of the car. I shook my head, trying to find an excuse, but came up with nothing.

    "He- uh- he's not coming. But it's okay if my mom thinks that he's here with us." Everyone nodded, not actually caring.

    As soon as we left the dock, they got out a lot of alcohol. To be honest, I'd never seen so many bottles of vodka next to each other. Everyone got drunk after a few shots, but I only had one. I didn't want to let myself forget what happened, because, even though it hurt, it was part of life.

    We returned home for lunch, my mother and aunt had been waiting for us on the dock. I felt like I was going to throw up, my mom was going to throw a big fit.

    "Where's Rafe?" She tried to sound sweet, but her eyes held a lot of venom. I smiled, not wanting her to know that there was anything wrong.

    "He called me last night to tell me that he couldn't make it. Had something with his family, I don't know." I shrugged, trying to seem convincing. Her nostrils flared angrily, making me automatically flinch away from her. She'd never hit me, but her words sometime hurt more.

    "Then why didn't you come home? You could've gone sometime when he would've been there."

    "I'm sorry, but they were so excited... I couldn't take this away from them." She looked around me, knowing she couldn't say anything right now. She had to wait until we got home.

When we returned from lunch, as soon as my mom closed the front door she exploded.

"How could you-" She started, but I cut her off, too tired of the fights in which I just shut up.

"I don't see why you never let me drive the fucking boat."

"It's for your safety, Y/n." I scoffed at her words, safety my ass.

"Mine or the yacht's?" Her eyes widened, gasping while her hand reaching over to slap my face. I slightly moved away from her, so she wouldn't be able to touch me.

"How dare you say such thing?"

"I-"

"Shut up, I'm talking. You're not going to leave the house for the rest of summer, until you go back to school."

"That's not fair!" I groaned, my hands going to rub my eyes, not wanting her to get the satisfaction of knowing she made me cry. I turned around and went back to my room.

——

The sound of my phone ringing made me open my eyes. I must've fell asleep at some point, because it was now dark outside. I answered after I saw that it was Sarah, but I didn't say anything, waiting for her to speak first.

"Y/n? Thank god! You haven't answered any of my texts..." I smiled at her concern, even though the sting I felt in my eyes made me stop.

"There's a few things that have happened these last few days. Rafe broke up with me after we- you know. My cousins came to the Outer Banks and they wanted to go on the yacht but my mom didn't let us go unless Rafe came with us, so I lied and said that he was there, but she found out. And now I'm grounded until school starts." 

"That's horrible. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, I just feel like everything's a lie these days."

Author's Note: This is kinda short but I still hope you enjoyed it!! If you have any ideas I should add, do tell me! Next part is going to be from Rafe's perspective. I was inspired by a song, so I'm also probably going to add the lyrics.