chapter eleven

The buzzing of my phone made me open my eyes. I groaned as I rubbed my face, not wanting to wake up yet. Rafe's hold on me tightened as it kept ringing, but I reached over to the nightstand and I answered, even though he grumbled something about turning it off. It was Sarah.

"I told dad that I don't want to be with Topper anymore. And he said to wait until Midsummers passes to break up with him, so we can enjoy it together." I pushed Rafe's arm off of me, standing up quickly, not wanting him to hear our conversation. I went to the bathroom, closing the door after me.

"I don't think you'll be able to enjoy anything tonight if you keep thinking of breaking up with him. It's probably going to end up with him yelling or something, anyways."

Our talk ended quickly after, knowing I had to keep our call short so Rafe didn't ask anything. As I opened the door and went back to my bed. He raised his head when he heard me.

"Who-" He started but I cut him off.

"It was Sarah, she wanted to talk about our dresses." I said, before he pulled me next to him. We fell asleep again, until my mom called us down to breakfast.

"Are you going to match tonight?" My mother asked us. I shrugged, turning my head towards Rafe, who was nodding.

"My tie is the same color as her dress." I smiled at him, knowing that he did this just because it meant a lot to me.

We finished eating, and Rafe left, having to go back home to get ready.

"You know, I lost my virginity at a Midsummers." She told me, making my eyes widen.

"Why are you telling me this?" I knew what her point was, but I didn't want to know this information.

"I just thought that, if you haven't done it already, tonight might be a good time. I like Rafe, and I believe that he's the right guy to trust when it comes to this." She winked, before standing up and leaving.

She left me there with my thoughts, the only thing I was able to do right now was to wonder if she was right.

I pondered this idea for a while, until I went back to my room to start getting ready. I had to wash my hair and then style it, followed by doing my makeup and getting dressed.

——

Of course, I was late. This was something unusual for me, especially in such situations, but I couldn't get my makeup right and my hair wouldn't stay the way I wanted it to. I blamed everything on my shaking hands. I knew what I wanted to happen tonight, but I couldn't help but feel a bit anxious. Would he want to do this?

My phone kept ringing, but I couldn't answer if I wanted to get there as soon as possible. Sarah tried to call me a few times, followed by Rafe. They'd sent me a lot of messages, which were left on read.

Once I got to the venue, I entered, looking around for my best friend or, even though I wasn't sure if I'd still consider him fake, boyfriend. I found Sarah first, she was dancing with random people in the middle of the dance floor.

As soon as she saw me, she squealed, quickly coming over to hug me.

"You look amazing, Y/n! Rafe is going to lose his mind!" I laughed at her words, my eyes going over her beautiful dress.

"You literally look like a goddess, Sarah!"

We danced for a while, until she left to go to the bathroom. I was looking around for Rafe, but he wasn't anywhere in sight. However, I saw JJ, dressed as a waiter. He was coming my way, so I waited for him to reach me. He gave me a small folded note, only mumbling something about giving it so Sarah.

I found her at the bar getting herself a drink. I passed it to her, and she smiled at whatever was written there. She thanked me, quickly going to the shadowed deck.

A hand on my shoulder made me turn around. Rafe was looking at me with fire burning in his eyes. I furrowed my brows at his expression. It only meant trouble and it wasn't what I had planned for tonight.

"I saw you with that- with that Pogue." He said, his face morphing into disgust. I shook my head, of course he came over here to ruin everything.

"Maybe if you had been with me-" I stopped, looking at him for a second. "You know what? I don't want to fight." His eyes searched my face in concern.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" The anger from his face completely disappeared as soon as the words left his mouth. I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on the tips of my toes so I could kiss him. His arms instantly went to my waist, deepening the kiss.

"You look incredible." He murmured in my ear, between kisses.

"Thank you." I said as I pulled away to fix his tie. "You don't look too bad yourself." He pulled me against him once again, kissing me with so much passion that I felt like my knees couldn't support me anymore.

"Let's get out of here." I said between heavy breaths. His lips were moving away from mine, down to my jawline. He stopped to look at me. His eyebrows raised questioningly.

"Where do you want to go?" His voice was low, slightly rough. I pretended to think about it for a few seconds, smiling slightly as I spoke.

"To yours." His eyes widened, I'd never spent the night with him at his place. He grabbed my hand, pulling me after him.

His house was, unsurprisingly, empty, his family still being at the Midsummers.

We couldn't keep our hands off of each other as we went up the stairs, to his room. As soon as he were close enough to the door, he pushed me against it, kissing me slowly. One of his hands went to the doorknob. He wrapped his arm around my waist, keeping me close to him as the door opened.

I caught his hand and pulled him after me towards the bed. I laid on it first, having him hold himself over me. We kissed with a hunger that I'd never felt before. This was happening.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He said, his breaths heavy, as his lips made their way down my neck. I nodded, running my fingers through his hair. He stopped, raising his head to look at me. His expression was serious now, searching my face.

"Are you sure? We can stop if you want." He had to make sure I was certain. I laughed, kissing him again.

"I want to do this." I said confidently, even though my heart was racing, but I couldn't tell if it was from the nature of the moment or the fact that I knew what was coming. He smirked, his hands going to the top of my dress, pulling it off.

Author's Note: Hi!! I feel weird writing smut on here, knowing that anyone could read it, so I'm sorry, but that was it. I had been waiting a week to write this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!! Also, this is kinda where everything starts!