chapter twenty four

I knew it was going to be hard, dealing with a drug addiction. But I kept telling that it was for his good, it would keep him out of harm's way, and most certainly not harm anyone else around him.

I spent the whole night after his confession awake. I read a lot of articles about what happens when you stop using cocaine. It was rough seeing what other people went through in order to fix themselves. I was doing this for Rafe, he needed someone who would always be ready to help him. It was going to be painful, I was aware of this, but I was worried that he wasn't.

I fell asleep sometime in the morning, after I'd read everything that was written on the internet. I'd acquired so much information about this horrible drug.

I felt Rafe move against my back, as one of his hands caressed my jaw. I moved my head, slowly turning to look at him. His eyes swept over my face, allowing me to see their beautiful color. They seemed so innocent, the complete opposite of what they'd seen. However, his gaze was hiding something behind the curious facade.

"What?" I smiled at him, happy to see him look so peaceful. He shrugged his head, his hand pushing my head towards his.

"Mm- nothing." He mumbled into the kiss. I took his words as an opportunity to slide my tongue between his lips, deepening out kiss.

We spent some time in each other's arms, until we decided to go downstairs and cook something for breakfast. He helped me make pancakes, something that I'd assumed would've taken quite a while, but he proved my wrong.

We ate in silence, my mind going over every possible scenario. I was hoping we'd be able to do this at home, because Rafe wouldn't want to parade the idea that he needed help.

"What's up?" He asked me when he noticed the look on my face. I didn't realize that my eyebrows furrowed in concern while looking at him. I shook my head, moving my eyes back towards my plate.

"I'm- nothing. Just thinking."

"About...?"

"How we're going to do this. It's going to be hard, but we can do it." He agreed confidently, nodding rapidly.

——

We spent the rest of the day by the pool. I used the time to tan, while he consumed his energy in the water. At one point I moved from the lounge chair to the edge of the pool. I let my feet thread the water lightly, until Rafe came to me. He was swimming in place, keeping his head above the water. I sat at the deepest end of the pool, where it reached around 9 feet. He grabbed my legs, pulling himself closer to me.

"Don't lull me in." I squealed, ready to move away from the edge. He shook his head, moving his hands in a manner that represented peace.

He dipped his head under the water, coming close to the edge. I didn't expect his next move. He suddenly grabbed my feet once again, pulling me forcefully in the water. I squealed once again as the cold enveloped me. I came back to the surface, glaring at my boyfriend.

"That wasn't cool, Rafe." He laughed loudly, making me do the same. He grabbed my hand, taking me to where he could touch the bottom of the pool, even though it was still quite deep for me. He grabbed my legs, wrapping them around his middle. His hands went around my waist, holding me even closer. Our chests touched each other as we breathed. Thanks to this position, I was slightly taller than him, but I could still feel his breath on my neck. His lips sensually trailed from my shoulder to my jaw, making me gasp as he stopped to mark my neck.

We pulled away when we heard my mom's car, but still holding each other close.

"It's going to be alright, right?" He asked quietly, making me curiously look at him.

"Yeah, of course."

Author's Note: This was a bit hot, but I still felt weird about writing more than that.