chapter twenty seven

The next few days had been quiet, which was expected. Apart from constant messages from Sarah and Rafe, but I chose to ignore them, only telling my best friend that I was alright.

However, I had to admit that wasn't true at first. When I got home from the party I went straight to my bedroom, not even bothering to try to hold in my tears. They'd already started falling after I locked myself in my car. I was trying to keep my sobs from making too much noise as I was climbing up the stairs to my room. I didn't want my mother to know what happened until I calmed myself down enough to have a normal conversation.

So when I closed the door to my room, I stayed in the dark, pressing my back against it. As sobs started to rake though my body, I let myself sit on the ground. I cried until I felt like my eyes were too dry to even see anymore, my head had never hurt like this. I knew I had to cry so I could get over what had happened, but it was hard. Every memory I had with him showed up in my mind like a movie, making even more tears fall from my eyes.

I couldn't tell which hurt more: the fact that I thought he loved me as much as I loved him, or the fact that I was certain that he would never do this to me. But here I was, crying on my bedroom floor, while he was probably sleeping with that Touron.

After I was sure that I could sit up and walk, I changed my clothes, looking for my pajamas, but finding too many of his t-shirts. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see them, or even think about the time when he told me he adored seeing me in his clothes. At the time I smiled, changing into my favorite shirt of his. His cologne enveloped me, but the memory only made me hate myself for feeling content while being with him.

I layed on my bed, trying to think about other things, not Rafe. I was trying to hard to keep my mind off of him, that I didn't realize it when I fell asleep.

——

I felt a hand thread through my hair, the action making me open my eyes. I groaned as the light made my headache return, my eyes still sensible from the night before. My gaze met my mother's, who was looking at me with concern written on her features.

"You've been asleep for fifteen hours, Y/n. What's wrong?" I shrugged, not knowing what to tell her. I wasn't sure I was powerful enough to open up to her.

"Just tired." I sighed, my hands rubbing my face. She nodded, standing up.

"I've made lunch, so if you feel like it, come down to eat with me."

"Thank you."

——

The next day I made my way down to the kitchen, wanting to make myself something for breakfast. I found my mother there, scrambling some eggs. She smiled at me, gesturing for me to sit at the kitchen aisle.

"You're up early. Is Rafe coming over-" I suddenly looked at her, my stare making her stop.

"We- we're not- um- together anymore." I tried to avoid her gaze, but she made her way towards me.

"Did something happen?" I slowly nodded, but I still looked anywhere but at her.

"I found him making out with some girl at a party." She raised my head with her hand, making my eyes meet hers. She wrapped her arms around me, keeping me close to her, comforting me. I didn't break, knowing I couldn't keep being miserable and angry. "I'm fine, it's better I found out earlier rather than later." I shrugged, she was looking at me with pity, but I held my head up high.

"That's my girl." She said, carefully tucking my hair behind my ear and kissing my forehead.

Author's Note: This was more about the read, but I think we needed to know her better!