(7) Memories

The song above is Leon On Me by Bill Withers

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_ 

Word count: 2659

Instagram: lydiarose_61

One year ago

The snow rained down onto the football field. It was extremely cold.

I pressed my thick coat closer to my chest, trying to keep myself warm. My teeth were chattering, and constant shivers were crawling down my spine.

I was looking for Jamie—who was apparently training here. My eyes scanned the area, but I couldn't see him, at all. Perhaps Dalia was wrong. Perhaps he decided to skip training outside in the freezing cold and went home. My heart deflated at the thought.

Great, just when I had plucked up the courage to tell him I had feelings for him, he wasn't even here. Who knew when I would muster the same courage again?

With a heavy heart, I kicked at the thin layer of snow beneath me and slowly started making my way back to the school.

I couldn't shake the feeling I was being watched by somebody. The hairs on my arms stood up and this time, I was sure it wasn't from the cold.

Picking up my pace, as soon as I entered the school, I raced down the hallways to my locker. It was empty there—everyone had gone home. After all, it was Christmas next week. People had families to visit and food to eat.

That feeling of being watched was still there. Every once in a while, I would glance over my shoulder. I couldn't see anybody there.

It was only when I rounded the corner that I saw him. He was here, again. Back to terrorize me. To take me away.

Gulping nervously, I immediately turned around and ran in the opposite direction.

His heavy footsteps pounded against the squeaky-clean floors, chasing after me. He was always fast—inhumanely fast.