(36) Reassurance

The song above is What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

You can also read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2160

"You want me to go with you on your trip then?" He asked me again, slightly confused

"You want me to go with you on your trip then?" He asked me again, slightly confused. I wanted to smooth the lines between his eyebrows.

"Yes," I confirmed, wrapping my slender arms around his waist. "Georgia was the one who invited you, Dexter and Marianne."

He arched an eyebrow, surprised by this latest piece of news. I'm sure it made him even more puzzled.

"Why would Georgia invite them too?" His tone was filled with suspicion. "She barely knows them. Is she up to something?"

"Lazarus, it's fine. She knows I'm close with all of you. She just wants me to have a good time with my new friends and boyfriend." I reassured him, resting my cheek on his warm chest. He still seemed skeptical. "How about we ask them what they want? They don't have to say yes."

"I'm sure they will. Plus, I'd like to have them with us. They'd provide more protection for you," He retorted, breathing in my scent. Ever since I told him about the scarred man, he's been more protective of me.

"I guess. Just please say you'll go," I practically begged him.

His forest green eyes softened. He could not resist me.

"I'll go but only because I know you'll miss me too much," He joked. I smacked him on the arm lightly, earning a chuckle from him. "When did you get so violent, mi amore?"

I jutted my bottom lip out, "Since I met you. You bring out the worse in me."

I loved seeing this side of him. He always wore a stoic face when I wasn't around but seeing him so carefree and open around me felt like an honor.

Lazarus narrowed his eyes at me. "I only bring out the best in you. Like you do with me."

My heart stuttered in my chest. I bet he could hear it. When he said things like that, he evoked so many intense emotions.