(15) Talk

The song above is Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2857

Georgia's hazel eyes penetrated into my blue ones

Georgia's hazel eyes penetrated into my blue ones. She commanded my attention. Her expression was stoic, her body language telling me she was tense.

I knew what she was here to talk about. I knew she wanted to know why Jamie and I were acting so distant. The truth was, I was afraid of telling her. Of losing a very close friend.

Our next lesson was going to start soon. I didn't have time. I needed time to explain it to her.

"What is going on with you and my cousin, Celeste?" She asked, getting straight to the point. Her directness was a blessing and a curse. "I thought you two would be all over each other. I thought the date was supposed to make you realize you wanted Jamie."

I didn't though.

Inhaling sharply, I pinched my lips together. "I realized I didn't want him like that, so I told him."

Her eyes flared, along with her nostrils. Anger flashed in her eyes.

"So, what are you saying is that you were leading him on?" Georgia clarified, reading this wrong.

I shook my head frantically, my eyes pleading with hers to understand that it wasn't like that. "No, it wasn't like that. I told you the other day that I wasn't entirely sure what I felt."

Georgia raised two perfectly plucked eyebrows. "Are you saying it's my fault?"

"No, I'm just saying you told me to go on the date to figure out what I wanted. I told you I wasn't sure anymore, yet you still pushed me towards it. I went and I figured out that I didn't like Jamie like that, and I knew I couldn't lead him on, so I stopped it from becoming something more. I did it so I didn't cause him any more pain."

She placed a hand on her bony hip and assessed my form. This was to intimidate me.

Eventually, she exhaled loudly and pinched the bridge of her nose. "It's because of him isn't it?"

I froze, averting my eyes to the ground. Georgia could read me so well.

"I thought you could get over your lust for him with Jamie. But maybe you are developing feelings for him." Georgia accused, hitting the nail on the head. "I saw you in the music room together, getting cosy."

"He was just teaching me how to play the piano." I murmured, still not meeting her eyes.

"It didn't look like it from where I was stood," She countered, refusing to back down. I hated arguing with Georgia—she always won these fights. "But didn't you say he and Raegan had history?"