(37) House Party (Part 1)

The song above is Blinding Lights by The Weeknd

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

The following two weeks passed by rather slowly

The following two weeks passed by rather slowly. I got on with revising, with the help of Lazarus.

Whenever we found spare time, Georgia would gather us together to plan the trip. She wanted us to have a day-by-day rota of what we were going to do.

During these two weeks, mom invited Simon round several times. She knew it was the perfect opportunity to because she could use the trip as leverage on me. Whilst I grew to not hate Simon's presence, it still didn't mean I liked the situation.

On the last day of school, the headmaster called us all for an assembly. I sat next to Georgia and Lazarus and listened to him blabber on about how next year was an extremely important year. He even said we should work on our statement for college. My face paled at the thought. College felt so far away but I already had to start working on my application.

Noticing my horror, Lazarus squeezed my hand in a reassuring manner.

He then told us to have a good summer break but reminded us to be safe.

Georgia snorted at that.

After we were dismissed, we went to our classes.

The day was filled with teachers doing fun activities. I was surprised they weren't making us study for next year.

When the final lesson finally rolled over, I slid into my seat and greeted Ellie excitedly. Whilst we waited for our teacher to arrive, she reminded me about the party tonight. Georgia was hosting a party for everyone to celebrate the end of school. It was going to be the biggest teenage event this year.

I had nearly forgotten about it. With studying and plans for the trip, the thought of the party evaded my mind. But now that it was today, I knew I had to think about my outfit.