(11) Distant

The song above is Sour Candy by Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_ 

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2605

Even though I wanted to avoid Lazarus at all costs, my body compelled me to go to him

Even though I wanted to avoid Lazarus at all costs, my body compelled me to go to him. It was as if I was on autopilot, having no say on what happened.

He was already sat in the music room, waiting for me. I swallowed at the sight of him leant over the piano keys, staring blankly at them. Sun poured into the room, highlighting the half of his face I could see. He was undeniably gorgeous.

At the sound of my shoes smacking the solid ground, he whipped his head up to me and smiled brightly. He probably thought I would have bailed out.

"Celeste," He called, his voice sending shivers down my spine. I loved how he said my name. It sounded so right. He was the only one to have such an effect on me. "Come and take a seat."

I obeyed him and trailed over to him, apprehensively. His enticing scent filled my nose and calmed me. Those green eyes penetrated my face, drinking in every contour on my face. Not for the first time, I wondered what he thought about me. At one point, I thought he liked me but after meeting Raegan and seeing them together, I knew that couldn't be the case.

Slowly, I slid into the chair beside him, brushing my leg against his. He stiffened and turned his attention to the piano.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to practice the yesterday," He murmured, not glancing at me. His voice sounded troubled.

I wanted to comfort him. I wanted to reassure him it was alright even though I was hurt by his actions. He barely acknowledged me.

"It's okay," I said softly, staring at him.

Feeling my eyes on him, he shifted his gaze to me and locked eyes with me. I could get lost in those forest green eyes. They drew me to him. I wanted to get lost in them forever.