(42) Wolf

The song above is Wolves by Selena Gomez and Marshmello

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2250

I woke up the next day with a mild hangover

I woke up the next day with a mild hangover. The sun streamed in through the blinds, temporarily blinding me.

Lazarus grumbled beside me and shifted his position so that he had an arm over my middle. I fluttered my eyes closed in pure bliss, desperately wanting to savor this moment for all eternity.

Flashes of last night crossed my mind. I saw Lazarus outside, flipping burgers, Ellie and Wilder getting engaged, Dexter storming off in a rage, his confession and... the dread.

I snapped my eyes open again and jerked myself up.

Still fast asleep, Lazarus rolled over onto his other side. I was glad he didn't notice my current state.

Dragging a hand down my face, I forced any feelings of worry to stay deep inside of me. I only felt dread, there was no concrete evidence that something bad would happen. The scarred man wasn't here. He couldn't have known I was here...could he?

Perhaps I was so used to fearing him that I projected that fear wherever I went. I was looking for danger even though it wasn't there.

However, these feelings never arose when things were okay. They only sparked when something bad was going to happen. My gut feeling was never wrong.

Swallowing, I tiptoed out of bed and jumped into the shower. I was hoping I could wash away these horrible emotions. I didn't want to worry anyone over a gut feeling. I knew that if I told them, they would drop everything and go into protection mode. We would lose our holiday and I would be in lockdown.

The shower helped my tense muscles and my headache.

When I got out, in my towel, Lazarus was sat up, perched against the headboard. His eyes were droopy and his hair was messy. Even first thing in the morning, he managed to look incredibly sexy.