(20) Help

The song above is Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2870

"She won't speak to me, at all," I told Ellie, sadly

"Hey, don't be sad. It's not your fault," Ellie replied, gently. Her green eyes swirled with kindness. "You know what Georgia's like, she just needs some time."

"She doesn't deal with being alone very well, Ellie," I reminded her, hardly. My worry for Georgia was only growing. It had been two days since the incident with Raegan. Ever since that argument in the hallway, Georgia hasn't been herself. She barely talked to any of us, barely looked at us. Her eyes were closed off, distant. She had put a wall around herself—for protection. "She doesn't acknowledge her feelings. She lets it build up until it explodes."

Ellie knew I was right. Georgia would never talk to people. She was like me. But unlike me, she couldn't manage it. She needed somebody, even if she wouldn't admit it. I was supposed to be the person there for her, no matter what. And yet, she couldn't even look me in the eye. She thought I was abandoning her because I wasn't there for her Monday.

I hated knowing this was the reason Georgia wouldn't open up to me. She thought she had lost me. And in thinking that, I was starting to lose her.

"What even happened that night? It's all a blur to me," I admitted, flushing slightly. Drinking was always so scary for me. I hated not being in control. I needed to be ready for an attack from him.

Ellie chewed her bottom lip nervously, "Well, I didn't see everything, but I heard from Dalia that Matt approached Georgia when he was drunk and begged her to take him back. Georgia refused. Matt went away, bumped into Raegan. I'm not entirely sure what happened after. I think Raegan tried to make a move on Matt, but he wouldn't have it."

"How could she be so thoughtless?" I questioned, aloud. Raegan's own sister said she wasn't a good person.

Ellie shrugged her shoulders and took a sip of her drink. The small café we were in was quite empty. It usually was at four PM.