(9) Chemistry

The song above is Rain On Me by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2578

When the last period finally came, I was glad

When the last period finally came, I was glad. Today consisted of so much drama, I was ready to go home and relax. Of course, I had to get through cheer practice first but that wouldn't be too difficult. At least I didn't have to see Lazarus or that new girl, Raegan.

She was in my Math class. I sat in the back and watched her flirt with two football players. I caught her staring at me a few times, an evil gleam in her cat-like eyes. For some reason, she didn't like me.

I shared Chemistry with Marianne and Dexter. Surprisingly, they came to sit next to me, planting their bottoms into the two seats either side of me. I plastered a neutral expression on my face and stared at my notes from my last lesson.

Somebody cleared their throat, attracting my attention. Peeking up through my long lashes, I saw Dexter leaning closer to me, a grin on his handsome face. He was very handsome and...cute. Every time I've seen him, he had always been smiling. He was a cheerful person. If he hadn't been at the club that Friday night, I would have thought he didn't have an intimidating bone in his body. But alas, he was one of the few things I could remember about that night.

"Hey," He greeted, sweetly. There was a sparkle in his brown eyes. "I have an important question I need to ask you."

I arched an eyebrow, noting the serious tone in his voice. What did he want to ask me? Did it have something to do with Lazarus?

My heart stuttered at the thought of him and sadness replaced any positive feelings I had. He didn't want me—I couldn't compete with Raegan. She was glamorous, confident and so pretty.

But did she want him? She made out with Matt at a party and she's been flirting with every guy she's spoken to.

No, don't think about this.

I frowned, "What do you have to ask me?"

He shuffled closer to me and darted his eyes around the room as if he was making sure nobody was listening in to our conversation. "Do you think Oreo's and peanut butter are a good mix?"