(30) Frightened

The song above is Find Me by Sigma featuring Birdy

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2311

Having tea with Lazarus and Leah was interesting

Having tea with Lazarus and Leah was interesting. You could tell they loved each other a lot. I was sad to go home but I knew my mom would freak out if I didn't return for the night. She was on edge right now.

Lazarus walked me home. Not too far behind, Officer Martinez followed in his car. He was obviously wondering who Lazarus was.

He dropped me off at my door, appearing sad to leave me.

"I had a good evening," I told him, honestly.

Lazarus smiled, showing off his pearly white teeth. I would have to get used to how stunning and perfect he was.

"So, did I," He murmured, trailing a finger up and down my cheek affectionately. In my peripheral vision, I saw the curtain peek open. My mom was home and she was watching us. Right now, in his presence, I didn't care. She could stare all she wanted.

I stepped closer to him, seeking his warmth and comfort.

"I have a confession to make," He blurted out, his breath hitting my face. "When you came to Leah's house for that BBQ, we kissed. You were so drunk; you didn't remember it."

I sucked in a breath as embarrassment washed over me. How could I not remember that?

"Oh my god," I mumbled, humiliated.

He chuckled at my reaction. "Don't be embarrassed. At first, I was glad you didn't remember. This was when I was still conflicted. Now though, I knew you needed to know."

I nodded my head, thankful he told me.

"I should let you go now," He said, sounding hesitant. I released a long breath, my heart deflating. I didn't want him to go.

God, I sounded so clingy.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow," I said.

I walked away, taking a deep breath as I stepped back into my house. My mom was waiting by the entrance to the living room, a hysterical expression planted on her face. I knew I was in trouble.