(21) Request

The song above is We'll Be Coming Back by Calvin Harris featuring Example

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_ 

Word count: 2122

As expected, Georgia didn't join me at school the next day

As expected, Georgia didn't join me at school the next day. Her dad picked her up early the next morning and took her home to recover.

I attended school, feeling better now that I knew what was troubling Georgia. I briefly told Ellie what happened the night before. She too was curious about why Georgia went to Matt's house. We wondered how she would react when she next saw him.

Lazarus shared a quick glance with me as I passed him to my seat in homeroom. Hope blossomed in my stomach at this. Was he ready to talk to me about what happened?

The answer was no. When I approached him after homeroom, he sent me a small, awkward smile and rushed off. There was an emotion in his eyes I could finally decipher—guilt. He felt guilty about something. Was he feeling guilty about what happened on Tuesday?

For the first time in over a week, Jamie smiled at me though. We had barely spoken since our talk. But I was extremely glad he acknowledged me. I didn't want to lose him. He was a good friend who I valued.

Sighing to myself, I walked with slouched shoulders to my first lesson. I had English with Lazarus later and I couldn't help but feel nervous yet excited.

During my second period, I had a break. Matt spotted me in the library, hunched over a textbook. He approached me with an anxious expression on his face.

I looked up at the sound of his arrival and sent him a tight-lipped smile. Awkwardness passed between us, both of us not knowing what to say.

"How was Georgia this morning?" He eventually asked, cautiously.

I loosened a breath and flickered my gaze to him. "She was...alright, I guess. Just hungover."

He nodded his head and then rubbed the back of his neck. His reddish-brown hair was quite messy today. It looked like he had been running his hands through it too many times. He had to be worrying about Georgia.