(25) Want

The song above is This Is Love by Will

The song above is This Is Love by Will.i.am featuring Eva Simons

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2469

At school, there were stares

At school, there were stares. And whispers.

I expected that. As soon as people saw Officer Martinez driving me into school, they put the two pieces together. Everyone at school knew something about the scarred man.

Officer Martinez stayed parked outside, surveying the area. He wasn't allowed to follow me in school, so he had to stay outside. If he saw anything suspicious, he would come in and take me to the police station.

After my first lesson, I saw Lazarus. He was leaning against my locker, an unreadable expression planted on his face. I approached him uneasily.

Last time he saw me, I was sitting on a park bench, numb.

"Hi," I murmured, cautiously opening my locker door.

He shifted his body so that he was closer to me. I could feel the heat from his body. Sparks flew between us. The sensation was otherworldly. I wanted more. So much more.

"How are you?" He immediately asked, desperate for answers. He must have heard something from someone else. Word travelled quickly here.

I inhaled sharply and peered up at him through my lashes, "I'm okay."

He didn't seem to believe me. "Are you sure?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

He studied me, deciding whether or not to believe me. When he looked at me like that, I felt like I was under a microscope. Everything was on show. He could see every flaw, every bad decision I made, every thought I had and every secret I hid. It felt extremely intimate.

He lowered his head to my ear and brushed his lips against my ear. It was as if he knew what that would do to me.

"I don't believe you," He whispered, his deep, manly voice causing goosebumps to erupt on my skin. I shivered in delight.