(32) Demon

The song above is Demons by Imagine Dragons

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more:

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2920

When the weekend rolled around again, Lazarus took me to Leah's house again

When the weekend rolled around again, Lazarus took me to Leah's house again. This time, Dexter and Marianne were there as well. Marco was sat in the car across the street, surveying everything. He didn't want to interfere with every social gathering I had.

As soon as Dexter's eyes landed on me, he leaped to his feet and zoomed over to me. His hug was tight and comforting. We might not have known each other for very long but the bond we all shared was something that could last a lifetime.

"Celeste! You weren't at school yesterday, I was starting to think Lazarus had eaten you up or something," He exclaimed, dramatically.

Lazarus shot him a dirty look to which Dexter ignored him.

"Nope, I'm still here," I replied, smirking at Lazarus. He was always teasing me. Now I wanted to tease him.

"We're going to the forest today with Layton if you want to join us," Dexter directed this at me.

"Layton's back?" Lazarus asked, frowning.

"Yeah, he got back from the meeting last night. He didn't want to disturb you so he went straight to bed. I think he's still sleeping," Dexter answered, nonchalantly.

The last time I saw Layton was in the music room. Since then, I hadn't seen him around town at all. It was like he had vanished.

I glanced at Lazarus, wondering if he was okay with me going with them. Lazarus smiled reassuringly, notmindingwhatIchose.I knew deep down he wanted me to join them—he wanted me to spend more time with his friends.

"I'll go and wake up sleeping beauty whilst you guys get ready," Lazarus said, moving towards the stairs.

"What are we doing in the woods?" I asked, pulling a strand of brown hair away from my face.