(35) Family

The song above is Ashes To Ashes by David Bowie

You can also read ahead on Patreon: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2673

For the rest of the week, I was on edge

For the rest of the week, I was on edge. Between sitting exams and thinking about the scarred man, I couldn't concentrate on anything else.

Lazarus tried to distract me at school, insisting I needed a break. I thought revising would keep my mind off him. I could tell he was worried as well but he hid it better than I did.

He pulled me away on Wednesday and told me, Leah, Dexter, and Marianne were out searching the town and the woods every day, hoping to find him. However, they couldn't even pick up his scent. That was even more alarming. It meant none of them could know if he was close by.

Somehow, he could evade their senses.

I had already completed five exams. I only had a few more to do the following week and then I could rest. We were nearing the end of school already; the summer holidays were upon us.

Late Saturday night, I found myself at the library with the gang. Georgia thought we could revise for our English exam better together. Jamie was also present. It was the first time we hung out together properly since I rejected him. He seemed so much happier now. He was smitten with Sammy.

"Why do we have to learn about all of this? It's so pointless," Georgia groaned, rubbing her eyes tiredly. We had been testing each other for the past hour. I was surprised I could remember as much as I did.

"Because everyone thinks we'll need to know it one day," Ellie answered, leaning back in her chair.

I rolled my shoulders, hoping to relieve the tension in the upper part of my body. I had no such luck.

"So, what are the important themes in Macbeth?" I asked the group, scanning the page in my notebook quickly. I could faintly remember learning this. We studied Shakespeare at the beginning of the year.