(29) Bonding

The song above is I Got You by Duke Dumont

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2577

Lazarus was right

Lazarus was right. Leah's house was empty when we arrived.

It took a lot of convincing to get Officer Martinez to drive me here—to an unfamiliar place. Thankfully he allowed me to come here, probably out of sympathy. The only rule he had was that he could do a scope of the place every hour.

Lazarus locked hands with me and guided me into their large, beautiful house. I was still in awe.

He chuckled at my face, clearly amused by my reaction. I shot him a glare, pretending to be angry with him.

"If it's okay with you, I want to show you my wolf now," He said, nervously.

I could see he was anxious. He thought that once I saw his wolf, I would run. I wouldn't though. I just wish he could see that.

"I would love to meet your wolf," I replied, softly. His green eyes brightened in hope and happiness.

He took me outside, where we had the garden party a few weeks ago, and inhaled sharply. He bounced on the balls of his feet and rubbed his hands together.

"Just...don't run," The look in his eyes was enough for me to feel my heart shatter a little bit. He was really scared I would run. "Please."

"Never," I whispered, sincerely.

He exhaled loudly and started to undress. My cheeks turned a rosy color and I forced myself to look away.

The sound of bones snapping had my attention again. Slowly and hesitantly, I peered up from my hands and saw Lazarus mid-way through shifting. Black fur covered his body and the features on his face enlarged. It was truly magnificent to watch. When I first saw Dexter shift, I was too shocked to properly digest everything. Now, however, I could watch with wide eyes as he transformed into a large wolf.