(12) Conflicted

The song above is The Scientist by Coldplay

You can read ahead on Patreon now: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_ 

Word count: 1912

Georgia must have said something to Jamie because the next day, Jamie was waiting for me at my locker, a handful of roses resting in his hands

Georgia must have said something to Jamie because the next day, Jamie was waiting for me at my locker, a handful of roses resting in his hands. He had a nervous look planted on his handsome face, his eyes scanning the hallway.

When he spotted me, he straightened his back and sent me an award-winning smile. Uneasily, I approached him.

I pondered over Georgia's words last night, coming to the conclusion she was right. I barely knew Lazarus—I had managed to make myself believe Lazarus was mine. He was free to be with Raegan again, which I thought he wanted. He had explicitly said anything about it, but I had seen them together on multiple occasions.

Before Lazarus came onto the scene, I was sure I was attracted to Jamie. I still might be, my feelings my just be muddled. I owed it to Jamie to give him a chance. If this date didn't go well then, I would tell Jamie the truth. He didn't deserve to be led on.

With a shaky smile, I stopped in front of him, ignoring everyone else in the hallway.

"Hi Celeste," He greeted, sweetly.

I unlocked my locker and brought my eyes back to his. There was a light in those brown orbs today.

"Hey, how are you?"

His expression softened, "I'm good not that you're here."

Jamie wasn't the type of person who would say things like that. Sure, he had flirted with me on several occasions, but he never said any pickup lines. I didn't know whether I found it endearing or not.

Deep down, my heart wanted Lazarus to be the one to say things like that.

Blushing slightly, I lowered my gaze to the ground.

Jamie coughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck. He looked just as nervous which was shocking to me because I had never seen him so nervous before. He was never nervous about a football game or a test. Jamie wasn't the type of person who got nervous.