(44) Gone

The song above is Mad World by Gary Jules

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Instagram: lydiarose_61

Word count: 2039

Inside, everyone was huddled around on the sofa, embracing each other

Inside, everyone was huddled around on the sofa, embracing each other. The relief was evident on all of their faces.

To the side, sat on the dining table, was Marco. Dexter was tending to him, carefully. Marco winced every time Dexter washed his cuts. Out of all of us, he seemed to be in the worst shape.

Lazarus once told me that werewolves had faster healing abilities. Wilder would heal quickly—in a few hours—whilst Marco wouldn't. He was stuck with these injuries for a while.

"I'm so sorry this happened guys," I apologized, sincerely. None of this would have happened if I wasn't here. They would still be enjoying their holiday, with no wounds.

They all snapped their heads towards me, even a groaning Wilder. He already looked a bit better. His face was less pale.

"For god's sake, Celeste. It's not your fault. You don't need to keep apologizing!" Georgia nearly shouted, rising from her spot. She chucked the rag she was using to clean the claw marks on Wilder and waved her hands around frantically. "This isn't your fault. We don't blame you. You couldn't have prevented this."

I didn't know what to say. My mouth fell open but no words came out.

"Now, instead of making this about you, can you please help somebody?" She instructed, sharply.

Tears welled up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. In all the years I knew her, she had never spoken to me like that before.

Lazarus was immediately by my side, defending me. "Georgia," He warned in a dark voice. His eyes were narrowed on her. "I understand you're stressed and upset but don't take it out on Celeste. That's not fair."

Georgia pinched her lips together and nodded her head.

The atmosphere was now tense. I headed over to the dining table and helped Dexter patch Marco up. Concern swirled in Dexter's brown eyes.