(17) Confrontation

The song above is Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2649

My beeping alarm pulled me out of my sleepy state

My beeping alarm pulled me out of my sleepy state. Groaning, I rolled over to the side and slammed my finger on my alarm, turning it off. Rays of the sun filtered through my blinds, bringing a new day.

Rubbing my eyes, I slowly sat up and massaged my temples. Pain erupted from my head. Not only that but I felt like I was going to be sick. I was experiencing a nasty hangover.

As soon as I stood up, I started gagging.

My feet surged to my bathroom, my knees unbuckling as I reached the toilet in the nick of time. I spent quite a while with my face in the toilet, wishing for death to overcome me. I did feel better after puking though.

Surprisingly, my mother was cooking in the kitchen. The smell of bacon hit my nose and made my stomach growl. Thankfully, I didn't gag at the smell of it.

She spun around on the balls of her feet at the sound of my arrival, "I thought a bacon sandwich might help you."

I smiled weakly and collapsed into the dining chair. I probably looked like a wreck right now. I had never had so much to drink before. When I tried to remember what happened, my mind went blank. Everything was foggy. I could remember playing beer pong with Marianne and dancing. That was it. Everything else after that was lost.

In my gut, I felt like something pivotal happened.

"Here's some Advil," Mom dropped a box of it on the table in front of me, along with a glass of water. I took it, gratefully. "You got back late last night. I'm guessing the party was good?"

I nodded my head, too embarrassed to tell her I couldn't remember most of it. She would send me a look of disapproval.

Mom didn't mind me partying, as long as my top priority was school. She understands what it's like to be a teenager, she was young and wild once too. I wanted her to believe I was normal and carefree still even though I wasn't. The scarred man had changed me. He controlled so much of my life and I still couldn't do anything about it. I was useless, pathetic.