(28) Layton

The song above is Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2381

"This weekend, I want to show you my wolf," He said into my ear. I inhaled sharply and peered up at him through my long lashes.

He was leaning against a locker, his head bowed down so he could reach my ear. The position we were in was intimate. It was the day after I discovered what Lazarus was. I had time to sleep over what I discovered in preparation for today.

He saw me loitering by my locker. In truth, I was waiting for him to arrive. As soon as he spotted me, a gigantic smile transformed onto his face.

Soon after Lazarus told me about the mate bond, they all left. My mom came back an hour later, demanding to know why I skipped a lesson. I couldn't tell her the truth, so I made up a lie on the spot. She was skeptical at first, but she eventually believed me.

"I would love that," I replied, inching closer to him. His eyes darkened in desire. I could practically hear his thoughts. He wanted to kiss me.

Without hesitation, I shuffled closer and gently placed my lips against his. He wasted no time in kissing me firmer. My hands traveled up to his hair and my fingers tangled in his dark locks.

When I pulled away, I could hear people whispering. I could feel their eyes burning holes into my back. Lazarus only tightened his hold on me, in a protective manner.

"Don't worry about them, they're only being nosy," He assured me.

I nodded my head, feeling lightheaded from that amazing kiss. Nothing would ever compare to it.

"We should probably go to homeroom," I said. "Don't want to be late."

He chuckled and agreed with me. Neither of us wanted to lose physical contact with the other so we stalked down the corridors, hand in hand.

When I entered the classroom, Georgia's eyes were instantly on me. She knew about my feelings for Lazarus, but she never thought we would actually be together. Seeing us like this must have stirred some hidden emotions in her. I wondered if she was angry that I was with him or if she was happy for me.