(13) Date

The song above is Somebody To Love by Queen

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_ 

Word count: 2207

Nervousness bit in me

I was fluffing my hair out in my room, staring in my full-length mirror anxiously. I had delved into my wardrobe, searching for the perfect outfit for our date. Jamie didn't tell me where we were going but I had assumed it would be somewhere nice—everyone else thought so.

In the end, I found a knee-length black backless dress. It was pretty but not too glamorous. My make-up was simple—Georgia had ordered me to not go overboard with it. I opted for smokey black eyeshadow and blood-red lipstick.

Jamie messaged me earlier, telling me he would be at mine by seven. He rolled up in his expensive Audi and strolled up my short driveway.

My mother was home today, and she greeted him with a friendly smile. She had always liked Jamie. She used to joke that we would get married one day.

I descended the stairs carefully, listening to my mother and Jamie talk. Hearing my footsteps on the stairs, he peered up and smiled at the sight of me.

"You look beautiful," He complimented, honestly.

My mother stood to the side and watched us interact with a soft, motherly smile on her ageing face.

"Thank you," I blushed scarlet and tucked some of my hair behind my ear.

"We should go, our reservation is at half seven," He announced, looping his arm through mine.