(18) Lost

The song above is Waiting All Night by Rudimental featuring Ella Eyre

You can read ahead on Patreon now. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2616

Lazarus's POV

Two months earlier

My feet crunched against the gravel path. The grass either side of the path swished to the soft breeze. The gorgeous sun glowed down onto the lake ahead of me. It was a beautiful sight.

To my right was an endless forest I had ventured through many times. I had been here multiple times with my family and close friends.

I knew this was a dream though. This dream had occurred several times. I always looked forward to it for one particular reason.

When I saw her long brown hair, dancing in the breeze, my heart stopped. She was wearing a gorgeous yellow sundress, the color glowing against her tanned skin.

There she was, as expected, swaying to the wind. I could imagine a smile on her face. A face I hadn't seen before.

She giggled, the noise sounding so angelic and sweet. I had heard it so many times in this dream; yet, I never grew tired of it. I couldn't. It was the sound I longed to hear in real life.

"Mi amore," I said, speeding up. I knew I wouldn't reach her in time, I knew we wouldn't touch but it didn't stop me from trying. I still had hope that I would see her face.

The girl started walking away from me, still laughing.

My fingers were inches from her back. I was so close. But she vanished into thin air, once again leaving me alone.

Every time she disappears, it hurts so much.

I collapsed onto the grass, staring at the spot she was in. I could smell her delicious vanilla scent. My wolf whined in my head, missing his mate.