-6- A long drive

-6- A long ride

Just minutes after Zhan made the generous offer to drive the two brothers home and they were on their way, Zhan regretted having made the offer so quickly. He didn't expect to have a 45 minute drive with the two brothers.

When Zhan asked for the address, he swallowed hard when he realized how long the way was. But somehow he was happy, because this way he would be able to spend a little more time with the lifeguard. Only he didn't really want to have his big brother with him.

But even before Zhan could get upset inside, because he has to share the precious time with Wang Yibo's brother, his cell phone rang. Without thinking, he picked up the call on the hands-free kit in his car and flinched when his sister asked him: "Hello ZhanZhan... And my sweetheart? How was your day today?" Which earned him a very, very surprised, questioning and confused look from Wang Yibo.

"Sis, I'm glad you called, but now is not a good time because I'm not alone in the car." Zhan explained.

"Why? Who is with you and why?"

"Two friends, who I'm bringing home because the storm surprised them, just like me."

"ZhanZhan, only you manage to completely miss it when the weather changes. What have you done? Probably just had your nose in the book again, huh?"

"Hey, I didn't miss it alone."

"If Chuyue and Zifan are with you, it doesn't count. They're just like you."

"It's not Chuyue and Zifan."

"Who are they? MuMu? Bai Shu? Who are they?"

"Remember? MuMu is in South Korea right now, and Bai Shu's on his honeymoon with his wife."

"Hello. Um, sorry to just interrupt. My name is Wang Yibo, and with me and Zhan is my big brother, Wang Hai Kuan." Clarified Wang Yibo.

"Wang Hai Kuan, why does that name mean anything to me? Oh, yes, I'm Xiao Yanli." Suddenly, Hai Kuan moved forward on the back seat, almost between Zhan and Wang Yibo.

"We were in the same class at school, we worked together on the yearbook. Remember?" Hai Kuan asked louder than necessary.

"Oh yeah right. I remember, you were the quiet student. Wasn't Meng Yao always your shadow? Wherever you were, he was. Don't say he's in the car with my Zhan Zhan."

"No, I haven't seen him for four years. No idea what he's doing."

"And how do you get together with my ZhanZhan?"

"Not me, my little brother. Because he has set his mind on becoming your brother-in-law." Zhan and Yibo stared at Hai Kuan in horror and blushed all over their faces. "You should see how red they just turned."

"ZhanZhan? Is there something you're not telling me? You have a boyfriend, and you didn't tell me? I guess it's time I visited you again, so I can kick you in the ass. How could you not tell me something so important? And you Wang Yibo, better be good to my little brother."

"Yes, I promise. I'll always be good to Zhan." Wang Yibo replied shyly.

"ZhanZhan, remember that words can be spoken and not just read. So concentrate on your boyfriend and not just on your books."

"Xiao Yanli, I am aware of this myself, and you don't have to keep telling me this." Zhan replied grumpy.

Zhan's sister and Wang Yibo's brother kept on talking about their little brothers and what they were like. And with every word, Zhan's car ride seemed longer and longer. Moreover, Zhan was angry, because in his eyes his sister and Wang Yibo's brother, had ruined the car ride for him and Yibo and thus the time they spent together.

After twenty minutes the phone call finally ended and Zhan was relieved. Still, the good mood between Zhan and Yibo had passed and Zhan had just been embarrassed. He loves his sister very much, yet today it didn't only get on his nerves but also went too far.

When they finally reached their destination, it was still raining heavily, it was still thundering and flashing and Zhan felt his mood had adjusted to the weather. He parked right in front of the house and Hai Kuan was the first to get out. Yibo, however, remained seated. He lowered the window on the passenger side and said to his brother, "You go upstairs, I want to spend some more time with Zhan." Hai Kuan nodded and left.

Wang Yibo turned to Zhan and said, "I'm sorry Bunny, that was really just embarrassing."

"Mn. Thanks to my sister and your brother."

"So you're not mad at me?"

"Why should I be? You haven't done anything wrong." Zhan replied. Wang Yibo nodded and hugged Zhan happily.

"I am glad you are not angry with me."

"Well, I don't know what about you, but I'm hungry now. I would like to go to the nearest Subway and get something to eat."

"I'm in." Yibo responded cheerfully.

Zhan restarted the engine and drove with Yibo to the nearest Subway, they bought some sandwiches and a drink and went back to the car. Where they sat together in peace and quiet, in the back seat and ate. Zhan in his lifeguard shirt and Yibo in his apple green, white bunny shirt.

"Somehow this is totally stupid that you have to take me home. I would have much rather taken you home." Said Yibo after Zhan asked him to pick up the lifeguard in the morning since he can't ride his motorbike, nor can his brother give him a ride in his car.

"That doesn't answer Yibo's question."

"I know my Bunny, I just wanted to mention it. To your question, I might as well take the bus tomorrow."

"So should I pick you up or not? If so, give me a time." Zhan replied impatiently. He tried not to let on that he would be happy if Wang Yibo said yes.

"With pleasure, my Bunny. Then I will have more time with you but only if it's not too much bother." Of course it was a bother for Zhan, after all there is a half hour drive between their homes, but Zhan is happy to do that. Because then, in addition to the extra time with the lifeguard, he could also get to know him a bit better.

The storm has moved on and the daylight gave way to the darkness of the night, when Zhan asked, "Aren't your parents worried today?"

Yibo shook his head and said, "I told them I met someone and would be coming in the near time, maybe a little later."

" Then it' s alright if they knew about it. Not that they worry." Zhan replied, because he couldn't think of anything else.

Since Wang Yibo also didn't seem to have anything else to talk about, he took Zhan in his arms, looked deep into his eyes and asked: "May I kiss you again? Because we were interrupted in the water park, and all I can think about, is that kiss."

"Um, yeah." Zhan replied softly. Yibo smiled, put his right hand on Zhan's cheek and bent his head forward, until the lips of the two touched. And all the anger Zhan had about his sister and Yibo's brother disappeared, leaving nothing behind but the great affection for Wang Yibo.

The two spent almost an hour kissing passionately before Zhan, Yibo drove home and they had to say goodbye. And Zhan missed him immediately. But luckily, in the morning at 7:30 a.m., Zhan, would see his new boyfriend, the lifeguard Wang Yibo, again.

With a big smile, a beating heart and a tingling in his stomach, Zhan drove to his home, took a shower and then, after setting his alarm clock, lay in his bed and touched his lips. He could still feel the full soft lips from Yibo on his. And Zhan thought of Yibo's question from earlier: "My Bunny, I hope you realize that I am serious about you. Do you think you could give me a chance? Will you be my boyfriend?" And Zhan answered shyly with a, yes. And with that thought, Zhan, happy and missing his boyfriend, fell asleep.