-24- Caring Yibo

-24- Caring Yibo

POV Yibo

Now that the entire indoor area of the water park has burned down and the forensics department has started their investigation, Yibo is unemployed for the time being, just like his brother. And it is not yet certain if they will ever work for the water park again. Because the outdoor area was also closed and would remain so for the rest of the season. And the manager told him and his brother in a quickly convened emergency meeting that the owners are not sure if they can raise enough funds to rebuild the water park.

Luckily, thought Yibo, he still had his part-time job at Zhan's bookstore and would at least earn some money that way. Zhan's boss even offered him a permanent job after he heard about Yibo's unemployment. Of course, Yibo was also very thankful for that, because he actually wasn't a trained bookseller. But with Zhan's help, and Yibo was sure that he would be able to learn this.

Nevertheless, Yibo would like to be a lifeguard again. For him, this was not just a job, but his passion, his life's work. He had always wanted to save people's lives. And that in exactly the same way that he did as a lifeguard. Like this, and no other way!

But until he can pursue his profession and passion again, he was happy to work as a bookseller at the side of the man he loves more than he had ever imagined.

Unfortunately, the doctor at the hospital was right and Zhan developed a strong angina. For Yibo it meant getting up very early every morning, making a pot of tea for Zhan, handing him his medication, taking him to the bathroom and washing him. For Yibo, this was a natural thing to do. Although he had never had to care for a sick person before, he somehow knew what to do.

To show Zhan that he could rely on him in everything, Yibo even tried to do one thing he couldn't. Cooking! He stood in the kitchen for almost two hours and tried again and again to cook a delicious and healthy porridge for Zhan. But he failed miserably, because not only did the porridge taste disgusting, he also burned it again and again.

In the end he asked his mother for help. He asked her to teach him how to cook a good porridge. His mother was more than happy to teach him and even took the day off for it. However, she did not expect that her son would look after her future son-in-law like a lion looks after his baby.

As soon as she was at the door, she had to disinfect her hands, put on a mask, put on a pair of gloves, and of course she had to put on a coat over her feet. "Isn't that a bit excessive?" She asked Yibo.

He looked at his mother in frustration and said, " Excessive? It's about my ZhanZhan and I'm certainly not going to let anyone else make him any sicker with their bacteria, germs, microbes and viruses."

"Son, you shouldn't exaggerate like that. You act as if I had just come out of a pigsty, stroked some doves and now want to touch your ZhanZhan. I just wanted to say hi to him."

"Not until he gets better, Mom. He' s my Bunny, and I want him to get well soon. and I don't want him to catch anything else. Because the doctor said to be careful because his immune system is weakened and he needs lots of rest."

"Yibo honey, I love how caring you are. But don't overdo it. Overprotective is not good either."

"Mom, will you please respect that I don't want anyone else around ZhanZhan right now? I'm not saying it'll always be like this. Just give him a few days to recover. He's asleep right now anyway. He has a fever, cough, sore throat, and even an earache. So let him sleep, he needs the sleep."

"All right. OKAY. But next time I come over, I wanna say hi and maybe give him a hug."

" Hug? You want to hug my ZhanZhan? Haven't we been through this already? Why don't you hug Dad, or Hai Kuan, or me instead?"

"Why don't you want me to hug your Zhan?"

"Well, because he's my ZhanZhan. You have Dad, and you can hug him whenever you want."

Yibo's mother laughed and said, "Fine. I won't hug him. I'll wait for your wedding day, and then I'll hug him. Is that OK with you?"

"Hmm, all right. But don't make a habit of it then." Yibo replied.

Yibo knew he was overdoing it. But at the same time he thought it was his ZhanZhan, he had just found him and should be the only one to hug him. Except for Zhan's parents or his sister, of course. But otherwise he should have the sole right to do so. He's just not ready to share him with others.

Together with his mother, Yibo stood in the kitchen and learned from her how to cook porridge. And already his second attempt was a complete success. Proud of himself and overjoyed, he brought Zhan his porridge, which he had cooked, and when Zhan told him that it was very tasty, Yibo wanted to jump for joy. But instead, he played it cool and said, "See, I can take care of you."

His mother, standing in the doorway, giggled and said, "Oh, yeah, you're an absolute all-around talent." Of course Yibo knew she was being sarcastic, but even that couldn't spoil his good mood.

In the evening, when Yibo came back from a short quick shopping, he heard Zhan talking on the phone with someone. He stood at the leaned bedroom door and listened to the conversation for a moment. "Yibo is great. He is very caring and loving. He takes such good care of me that I will probably be well again very soon. And guess what, he even learned how to make porridge for me. Isn't he great? I'm really glad I found someone like him. Well, actually, he found me. I hope you two get to know each other soon. I'm looking forward to introducing my best friend to the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I really love Yibo."

After the last sentence Yibo could not stop himself. He opened the bedroom door, ran to Zhan and almost threw himself on him. He took Zhan in his arms and said, "Oh, ZhanZhan, I love you too. I love you like crazy."

From Zhan's mobile phone a voice came to Yibo's ear that told him: "Hi, I'm Peng Chuyue, Zhan's best friend. I'm looking forward to meeting the person who makes my best friend so happy."

Yibo smiled and said, "You are welcome anytime. But wait until my Bunny is well again."

The sound of laughter came from the other side of the phone: "Bunny? Ha-ha-ha, that's too good and it's a perfect match for Zhan."

"Mmm, he's my white Bunny." Said Yibo, pointing to the apple green shirt Zhan gave him and he was wearing. Not that Chuyue could see it, but Zhan could see it and that was enough for Yibo. Because Zhan should see that he wears this shirt with pride and is still happy that Zhan has given it to him as a gift.

And Zhan was just wearing Yibo's orange lifeguard shirt. When Yibo helped him to change his clothes, he asked Zhan which shirt he wanted to wear. And Zhan told him, "Which one do you think? The orange lifeguard shirt, which was the first gift from my fiancé to me. It was once important for my fiancé, and now it's important for me."

Yibo and Zhan talked to Chuyue for a while before it was time for Zhan to take his medication for the third time that day. After a small meal, Yibo lay down in the bed next to Zhan, Zhan immediately snuggled up to him, and together they watched another movie and then cuddled until they fell asleep.