-20- A right proposal

After Zhan and Yibo had spent the past few days together and Yibo didn't even have to go to work because it was simply raining every day and the indoor area in the water park was still closed, it was time for Zhan to get ready to go to work again. It was already Saturday night when Zhan and Yibo sat together in Zhan's living room and watched a movie by candlelight.

Actually, Zhan should have been out in the country with Yibo and his family, staying with his parents. But because of some difficulties at the supermarket, Yibo's parents had to postpone the planned weekend. And Zhan's parents suddenly had other plans, too, when Zhan's uncle and his family came to stay with them for a few days.

So Zhan and Yibo didn't have to go to the country either, and could spend the time together and for themselves. There was no further meeting with Yibo's friends and Chuyue, Zhan's best friend, is not back in town yet.

Since Yibo had been at Zhan's home for almost a week without interruption, the two could get to know each other better and get closer. And Zhan realized that he already couldn't imagine living alone in this apartment again. He and Yibo had agreed that as long as Zhan was on vacation, he would stay there. And the vacation would end on Sunday evening and Yibo would return home to his family.

Just thinking about it made Zhan's heart heavy. He didn't want Yibo to leave and go back to his family. But he wasn't brave enough to tell that to Yibo either. And they had only been together for a week and a half. So it was too early to move in together. Nevertheless, Zhan could imagine it very well and would have been very happy.

When the film was over, Yibo laid his head on Zhan's lap and let Zhan scratch through his hair. He closed his eyes, smiled and said, "This is how I imagine us living together when we're both married."

"Is that so? Do you realize you haven't even proposed to me properly yet?" Zhan mockingly asked.

"That'll be Bunny. Don't worry, you'll get your proposal just like you're supposed to. But I won't tell you when."

"Whatever you say."

"Really ZhanZhan. I swear to you, you'll get your proposal."

"We shall see. For now, I'm concentrating on getting back to work on Monday." Zhan had mentioned this a few times that day, hoping Yibo would say he wanted to stay with Zhan. But like every time before, Yibo didn't say what Zhan wanted to hear.

"I guess if the weather clears on Monday, I'll have to go back to work too." He said to Zhan instead. Zhan had to refrain from an annoyed sigh. Did Yibo really not understand what he was implying?

Zhan put his head on the backrest and closed his eyes. "The weather forecast said it will be warmer and drier starting tomorrow afternoon." He explained.

"What's your shift on Monday?"

"Late shift, the whole week."

"What? That means we can't see each other for the whole week?" Yibo asked in horror.

"I guess so. I have to start at 2 pm and work till 10 pm. So I won't be home until 10:30 pm. By then it will be too late to meet or call again. And before work I can't get to the water park to at least say hello."

"I can't stand that. A week? And then? What's your shift after that?"

"Night shift."

"So we can't see each other then either? You have to rest up after work and before work."

"I guess it'll be hard. It's not like you live around the corner. It's an hour's drive both ways."

"So what do we do now? I don't want to wait two weeks before we see each other again.

"I don't know. And now it's already too late to worry about it. It's almost 2 am and I'm really tired."

"All right, let's go to bed." Yibo replied.

After they freshened up, they went to bed. They cuddled up and Zhan had tears in his eyes, thinking that this would be their last night together for a while. He wondered about himself as well. What did that crazy lifeguard do to him that he can't even imagine being without him?

What Zhan didn't realize was, though, that he wasn't the only one with tears in his eyes. Even Yibo had tears in his eyes when he thought about going home again and not being able to be with Zhan anymore. It seemed to him all day long as if Zhan kept reminding him that he had to go back home to his family because Zhan had to go back to work. But he just wished that Zhan would tell him not to leave and stay with him.

When Zhan woke up in the morning, Yibo was already sitting next to him in bed. With his dark circles around his eyes, he looked as if he hadn't slept all night. He looked at Zhan sadly and asked, "May I at least stay until evening before you send me home?"

"Before I do what? Send you home?" Asked Zhan, who was still dazed from sleep.

"Mmm. You must be glad to have your apartment back to yourself now that you're going back to work tomorrow. Isn't that why you kept saying that yesterday? Because you want me to go home."

Zhan sat up abruptly and grabbed Yibo's hand "That's what you thought when I told you I have to go back to work on Monday?"

"Mn. That's what I was thinking." Yibo sadly replied.

"That's not what I meant, Yibo. I was honestly hoping you'd want to stay longer. That you' asked me if you can stay." Said Zhan and immediately his cheeks turned red.

"Really? You don't want me to go back home? I can stay with you?" Asked Yibo Happy.

Zhan crouched down in front of Yibo, put both hands on his cheeks and said, "I would be happy if you stayed with me."

Yibo was so happy to hear this that he hastily embraced Zhan and threw him back on the bed. He laid on Zhan and kissed him happily and passionately. "I want to stay with you and I want to stay with you forever. I don't want to go back home to my old room. I want to be here with you and fall asleep with you. And wait for you when you are at work. And greet you in the morning when you come home from the night shift." Yibo explained.

"Then we should talk to your parents and ask them what they think."

"ZhanZhan, I'm 25 years old, I'm an adult. And I'm sure they won't mind. We can call them right now. You'll see, they'll be happy if we tell them we want to move in together."

And Yibo was right. No sooner had he said he and Zhan had talked and wanted to move in together, his parents were thrilled. Only one thing Yibo's mother wanted to know: "Do you still want to wait to have sex until you are married? Or have you already given up on your plans?"

"Mom, Zhan and I didn't do anything. We just cuddle, that's all. I definitely want to wait till our wedding night." Yibo replied. Zhan shook his head in silence. How could they talk so casually about such a thing? And why did they even talk about such a thing? Wasn't Yibo embarrassed to talk about it with his parents?

And while Yibo talked to his mother a little bit more, Zhan was happy that Yibo wouldn't leave after all and that he had to be alone in the apartment again. And he was even more happy about the thought that the two of them would even officially move in together. He didn't know what his own parents would think about it, but for Zhan this was only a minor matter. Because for him it's clear that he loves Yibo and doesn't want to spend another day without him.

The thought of not being able to see him when he has to work was already enough for him. Or not being able to fall asleep in his arms when he works nights. But now at least they could see each other at home and not have to wait until Zhan is on early shift again. They can see each other every day, and right now, Zhan couldn't think of anything better.