-15- Yibo wants to wait

Yibo and Zhan had watched a movie together and then thought about what they could do next. Because both of them didn't feel like seeing another movie, at least for now. After some back and forth thinking, Yibo suddenly said, "Why can't we just be childish for once today?"

"What do you mean?" Zhan wondered, confused.

"Well, we could make a cave out of blankets and lie down in this cave. In there, we could turn on an audio book or tell each other stories. Like when we were kids."

"Well, I never did that when I was a kid. I wouldn't have enjoyed it alone either. My sister always had other interests than me, and my parents didn't have time for that sort of thing. And we rarely were allowed to invite friends into our home."

"It's about time ZhanZhan. Let's make up for what you missed as a kid. Just let out our inner child and have fun."

"Mmm, okay, let's do that." And the two of them started moving the seating around the living room, getting lots of blankets and attaching them to the big heavy bookshelves. Yibo put a thick blanket on the floor and a clothesline stretched from one wall to the other made sure they had enough room for two in their " cave ".

As the two of them lay comfortably in their cave, with a small string of lights for illumination and some snacks, Zhan asked, "Tell me, why did you have the rings with you?"

"I bought them, because I thought they were beautiful. They are couple rings and I discovered them by chance when I was looking for some new shoes on the internet. At first I was annoyed that there was so much jewelry on the site. But then I saw the couple rings and immediately put them into the shopping basket. They were already delivered the following day, but I am still waiting for the shoes. Anyway, for three days I have always had the rings with me and I have only waited for a moment like today to put a ring on your finger. I know they're not engagement rings, but they still mean we belong together." Explained Yibo.

" These are really nice rings and you really surprised me with it today."

"I'm glad you like it. And I hope you won't take off your ring. At least not until I slip a real engagement ring on your finger."

Zhan leaned over to Yibo and kissed him on the forehead. Yibo smiled and put his arms around Zhan. "There's something I need to tell you, Bunny."

"What is it?"

"Well, even though I've been pushing an incredible speed with everything so far. So I still want to wait with the next step. I would like to save this for our wedding night. Not that I wouldn't want to eat you up right now. But I think that if we wait, our wedding will be even more important and I'll be proving that I not only respect you, but also how serious I am about you."

"I like your thinking, and I think we can wait." Zhan replied calmly.

"However, you should know that now more than ever, I want to move forward with the wedding. I don't want to wait a year to get married."

"Why are you in such a hurry Yibo?

"Let me explain it to you. I have waited 25 years for you to come into my life. When all my friends fell in love for the first time, I always wondered when the person who was meant for me would come into my life. All I knew was that this person would definitely be a man. But not who it is or when I will finally meet him. After waiting 25 years for you, I don't mind waiting a few more months. But I don't want to wait a whole year to marry you and have you all mine. Sure, for you I may be just a crazy lifeguard, but that crazy guy loved you from the first moment he met you and he has no intention of letting you go again. I don't want to go all the way and get to know you. I want to marry you and get to know you. Isn't it anyway that you don't really get to know someone until you're married?"