-13- In-laws

-13- In-laws

On Sunday morning, Zhan walked up and down nervously in his living room. Because in only one hour he has to make his way to Yibo, because today is the breakfast with his family. And he is already at the end of his nerves. Even though he already met them in the hospital and got a first impression of them, he was still totally nervous.

And the fact that Yibo has been writing him for a half hour incessantly, how happy he is, that he is coming for breakfast and how happy his parents are, didn't make it better. And Zhan had just received another message from Yibo. This time he wrote, "Your in-laws want to know if you still have any wishes?"

Zhan read the message three times and shook his head "In-laws? And no, I have no more wishes." The only thing he wished for was that he could have green tea for breakfast instead of coffee. And he had already explained this to Yibo the night before.

"Yes, in-laws! Do we have to discuss this again?" Wrote Yibo back.

"Who says I am saying yes to a marriage?" Zhan asked him.

"You will, you will see. Love you my Bunny. I'm looking forward so much to seeing you soon." Yibo replied.

Zhan pressed answer and wrote, "Love you too, Yibo. See you later."

For two days, Zhan had been thinking of a nickname for Yibo. But all he could come up with was "Leo." And he was too embarrassed to call him "my Leo," so he stuck with Yibo, at least for now.

Before Zhan finally made his way to Yibo, he called his parents and told them about the upcoming breakfast with Yibo's parents. His mother told him, he should just be like he is always and they would love him already. And his father insisted, that they also wanted to meet Yibo AND his family soon.

"You should bring them here to the organic farm, then they can help us and we will see if your fiancé's family and of course your fiancé himself are useful." His father said.

"Don't call him my fiancé. We are not engaged!"

"He says he will marry you and you will officially meet his parents today, so you will get married." His father replied seriously.

"Dad, I've only known Yibo for a week and there's no question of marriage yet."

"That's bullshit. Your Yibo knew right away that he wants to marry you. And I'd be surprised if he didn't. You' re amazing and you look beautiful. Of course he wants to marry you."

"Ah Zhan, you should take this more seriously. Your fiancé is taking it seriously." Said his mother.

Zhan gave it up to explain, that after such a few days of relationship, there can be no question of marriage. And he was alone with that opinion anyway. Yibo and his family are convinced that they are going to get married.

When Zhan arrived for breakfast, Yibo's parents greeted him with a "Here's our son-in-law at last!" Zhan blushed immediately and didn't know what to say.

Yibo, on the other hand, immediately took Zhan by the hand and snarled at his mother as a precaution and said, "Remember what I told you. I'm the only one who can hug Zhan."

" I think I'll be able to hug my son-in-law after all."

"Uh, no."

"Yes. Soon he will be family and you can't forbid it then anyway."

"Mom, once I marry Zhan, I'll forbid you even more."

"You are an ungrateful son. I was in labor for ten hours because of you, and I was in so much pain, and then I can't even hug my sweet son-in-law?"

"Mom, this is my Bunny. Can't you understand that?"

"When two people fight, the third is happy." Said Yibo's father, hugging Zhan. Yibo looked at him angrily and pulled Zhan behind him.

The only one who held back and laughed out loud instead was Hai Kuan. Zhan on the other hand was completely overwhelmed by all this and didn't know how to react or what to say. But still, even he had to smile a little when Yibo and his mother bickered over him.

When they finally sat at the breakfast table after several minutes of bickering, Zhan got big eyes and wondered if the family had invited a soccer team or a king. Because the table was so crowded with so many different things that there was hardly enough room for the breakfast plates and knives.

Zhan looked at the large selection of vegetables and had to smile when he looked at the label. "We bought these vegetables at the market this morning. They're very fresh." Said Yibo's mother.

"Yes, I know." Zhan replied smiling.

"So? Where from? Did Yibo write this to you?"

Zhan took a green cucumber and pointed to the label. "I know this because it's from my parents' organic farm." He explained.

" This is from that big organic farm, right? And your parents own that?" Yibo's father asked.

"Yes, right. And they want to meet you and Yibo as soon as possible. They invite you to their farm." Zhan explained.

"Then how about next Sunday?" Yibo's father wanted to know.

"You'd better plan a weekend. It's a few hours drive to the organic farm and they have great guest rooms at their place. You might enjoy a weekend in the country." Zhan rather not mention that his parents also saw Yibo's family at the same time as free helpers for their farm.

"Then we'll all leave on Friday afternoon after work." Suggested Yibo's mother. Zhan nodded. Although he had not planned to visit his parents on vacation, the situation was now different. And he knew that his parents wouldn't give up anyway until they met Yibo and his family.

"Zhan, why don't you tell us about your work? Yibo hasn't told us yet." Said Yibo's father.

"I am a team leader in a book shop. I started working there right after I graduated. At first the shop was small and I was the only employee. But when my boss had the opportunity to expand, he took it and now we have a two-story bookstore with six employees and a temp."

"So you're in sales like us, and so young you're a team leader. That's not bad." Yibo's father replied.

"Does anyone even read books these days? So is it worth the business?" Yibo's mother asked.

"You would be amazed if you knew how many people still read real books. But in our shop, books can't just be bought. We also have a great reading corner, snacks and hot drinks. For children there is a reading lesson every week and once a month we open at night. Then a horror radio play is played over the loudspeakers while everyone sits together and listens in minimal light. But we also have book club meetings or author readings."

"So not a boring shop where there are only books and nothing else." Noticed Hai Kuan.

"Yes, exactly. Our book store is an event book store and has the highest ratings. You should take a look and you'll understand."

"We should definitely do that someday." Yibo's father replied.

They asked Zhan many more questions about his schooling and studying and his parents before they let him and Yibo go to Yibo's room after breakfast.

Yibo took Zhan by the hand and with him into his room, but they were only there for a short time, because Yibo still had to work. And Zhan also wanted to go to the water park, because then he could relax and watch Yibo at his work again. Besides, they already had a plan for the evening.

Since Yibo has a day off on Monday, he will accompany Zhan home, where they first want to cook together and then spend the evening together in front of the TV. Yibo even had already packed a small bag for the first night at Zhan's place.

"Only six hours of work and then the rest of Sunday and the whole Monday is ours. I'm really looking forward to not having to say goodbye again in the evening." Said Yibo.

"That's right, tonight doesn't everybody go home to their own homes. I think it's gonna be nice." Replied Zhan, who was already very excited about the evening together and looking forward to being able to enjoy Yibo's presence longer.