-12- Lifesaver

-12- Lifesaver

"Are you very much in love with the lifeguard?" Seo-Joon asked after Zhan told him that he's only known Yibo for a few days, but has already started a relationship with him.

"I can't explain exactly how that happened or why that is. But since the first day, I can't stop thinking about him. My heart flutters when I see him or think of him and I feel this tingling in my belly, which I have never experienced before. So yes, I'm in love with him." Zhan replied with a look at the watchtower.

"So it really hit you." Noticed Seo-Joon.

Zhan nodded. "Yes, I would say. I mean, think about it, until a few days ago, I loved nothing more than getting lost in the different worlds of different authors. I was just reading and I didn't care about anything else. But suddenly I find it difficult to read even one chapter. I can't stop thinking about Yibo. I can't concentrate on anything but the handsome lifeguard."

"I see." That's all Seo-Joon said. After that, they didn't say a word. And while Seo-Joon lay down and closed his eyes, Zhan watched at the Watchtower and Yibo. He felt like a teenager who is in love and secretly watching his crush from afar.

Zhan closed his eyes for a moment, and in the not even five minutes of eye care, as he always called it, panic broke out at the pool.

The shrill sound of the whistle rang out several times. Zhan and Seo-Joon opened their eyes and saw Yibo storming down from the watchtower and jumping into the water. The two got up immediately to see what was going on. But the many onlookers who suddenly gathered at the pool obstructed their view of what was happening.

Nervously, Zhan walked slowly towards the pool and the closer he got, the louder the babble of voices became. He heard some say that someone was drowning and needed to be rescued.

When Zhan was close enough to the pool to see something, he could only see Yibo pulling an apparently unconscious teenager to the side of the pool and he and his brother pulled him out of the water.

They checked his vital signs and suddenly Hai Kuan pulled an ambu-bag out of his suitcase, which he had to stand next to him, and handed it to Yibo while he himself started the heart pressure massage.

It took the two of them two minutes until the young man suddenly coughed loudly and vomited the water he had swallowed. Shortly afterwards, paramedics came and carried the teenager away.

Zhan heard a woman ask, why Yibo did not give him mouth-to-mouth breathing. Yibo said, because he has the ambu-bag for that and grinning he added, "Besides, my lips only touch the person I love." Which earned him a frustrated look from the woman.

Proud that his boyfriend had just saved the teenager's life, Zhan went back to his seat. He sat down and giggled at Yibo's words that his lips only touch the lips of the person he loves.

A few minutes later, and after a detailed explanation to Seo-Joon about what happened, Yibo came running to Zhan, took him in his arms and asked, "Did you see it Bunny? Do you believe me now that I could save you?"

"I saw it. I'm proud of you, dear." Zhan replied happily.

"When will you let me save you, my Bunny?"

"Better not at all. I don't want someone to put an ambu-bag like that in my face."

"Ah ZhanZhan, for you I'll make an exception and give you mouth-to-mouth breathing and as soon as you breathe again, I'll move on to kissing."

"So I can go right back to having trouble breathing?"

"Why? Am I so breathtaking to you?"

"That's not what I'm saying."

"Mn. But you were thinking it, weren't you, my Bunny?

"I wasn't. I would never not do that."

"Just admit it ZhanZhan. You're a naughty and cheeky white bunny."

"You starting to get perverted again?"

"Again? I haven't started yet."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I'm sure. Just wait, the day will come when I'll be a pervert and eat you up."

"Um, now that sounds perverted to me."

"Oh, yeah? Thank God you can't see what's going on in my head right now."

"Are you aware that we're not alone and everyone is staring at us because you've been holding me in your arms for five minutes?"

"Of course I'm aware, and I want them all to see it. So they all know you're mine."

Zhan fake-cleared his throat and pretended that Yibo said something strange. But he smiled and was happy.

"ZhanZhan, I'm quickly going back and write my documentary on my service, then I'll change my clothes and come to you. Be a good boy and wait for me here."

"I wasn't planning on leaving."

"All right, then. See you soon, my Bunny."

Yibo released the hug and ran back to the Watchtower while Zhan watched him with a pounding heart.

"Okay, now that your boyfriend is finishing work, I'm gonna say goodbye. I'm heading to the hostel right now so I can pack in peace. I'll go back to Seoul tomorrow." Seo-Joon said after Zhan turned to him.

The two exchanged phone numbers and Seo-Joon told Zhan, that if he or the two ever came to Seoul, he should call him and they could meet there. They could even stay at his place and then they wouldn't have to stay in a hotel.

"That's very nice of you, thank you very much. And thanks for keeping me company today."

"You're welcome, Zhan. And take good care of the life-saver. I think he really loves you."

"Mn. I will take good care of him."

Seo-Joon picked up his bag, waved at Zhan one more time, and then left. Zhan turned around to the watchtower and saw Yibo in his civilian clothes leaving and heading straight towards Zhan.

Zhan handed a bottle of water to Yibo, who took a big sip of it and then asked Zhan, "What do you say, you and me take our stuff and go to the beach? I know a section of the beach that is not so crowded. We'd practically be alone."

"Sounds good. Shall we have lunch there?"

"As soon as we get there."

Yibo helped Zhan pack his stuff and they went to the parking lot together. "I'll drive the motorcycle ahead and you follow me, OK?"

"Yes." Zhan replied briefly. He put his backpack in the passenger seat of his car and then sat in his car and waited for Yibo to start his motorcycle and drive off.

Zhan followed Yibo to an empty section of beach. When he had parked the car, Yibo immediately came running to him, pressed him against the door of his car and kissed Zhan. "I've been wanting to do this for hours." Yibo said with a giggle.

Hand in hand they walked to a group of trees and spread Zhan's blanket in the shade of the trees before undressing and going to the water in their bathing shorts and plunging into the cool water together. They didn't really swim, they raged around in the water.

They splashed water in each other's faces, played catch and laughed cheerfully and happily. Until Yibo put his arms around Zhan's waist, looked him in the eyes and explained that he was more than happy with him and then Yibo said, "ZhanZhan, I know it's too early to say this, but I really can't hold on any longer. I love you."

Zhan gave Yibo a little peck and said, "I know. I love you too, Yibo."

"You can' t ever leave me, okay? I couldn't endure it."

"I have no intention of leaving you." Zhan said.

They spent the rest of the day and evening alone on that stretch of beach. They talked, laughed and often kissed and held each other in their arms. For Zhan, this was his best day on his vacation yet. Just him and the man he loves.