-11- The stranger

-11- The stranger

Zhan lay on his blanket, reading his book and for the first time he couldn't really concentrate on reading. Which was not only because a group of friends, all around his age, were playing football next to his seat, but also because he was already waiting for Yibo.

It was just after midday and Yibo still had to work a little over two hours, but Zhan was already missing him. Even though Yibo was sitting on his watchtower not far away from him, keeping an eye on the swimmers. Well, them and him too.

Every now and then, when they looked at each other at the same time, Yibo waved happily at him and once he came to Zhan for a short break, just to ask him if he was fine or if he needed anything. Zhan laughingly explained that he was not a weak and helpless person and that he could already get what he needed. But Yibo replied casually, "I know that, Bunny. But if you leave, then I can't see you anymore. So you better stay where I can see you, so I can enjoy myself, when I'm up there working."

Zhan had been so stunned, he didn't even know what to say after that. And he was even more stunned when Yibo, put Zhan's bath towel over him and Zhan, just so he could kiss him. And since then Zhan has been waiting for Yibo to finish his shift and that they can spend the rest of the day together.

Once again Zhan tried desperately to concentrate on his book and at least read a few more chapters until Yibo finally gets off work. But again and again his eyes wandered to the watchtower and to Yibo. Finally, he just gave up and wanted to play with his cell phone a little instead. That might have worked, too, if he hadn't forgotten to charge the battery. With only 12% energy left he couldn't do much.

To Zhan's sorrow, he had also left his old MP3 player at home. He had to recharge the battery first anyway. Which led Zhan to the astonishing realization that Yibo had ended his routine life. Now Zhan's thoughts are almost exclusively about Yibo. Everything else is not important to him right now.

In the past, Zhan used to laugh whenever he read stories or watched series that told of such a love for someone. He couldn't believe that one person alone could make sure that his life would be turned upside down. And now? Now he had the proof. Since the first day, he can only think of Yibo.

In order to kill some time, Zhan decided to use the water park. He wanted to go swimming. And of course under the watchful eyes of his boyfriend. He packed his most important things into his backpack, went to the watchtower and brought it to Yibo. Yibo pulled Zhan into the watchtower, kissed him and said, "Finally you're coming to me. If you're about to swim, be careful. Don't jump, don't run, and stay away from others."

"Yibo, I'm not a little kid anymore."

"Not that. But you're my bunny, and I don't want anything to happen to you or anyone to touch you. Anyone else than me."

"So you have an exclusive right to touch me?"

"Of course I do. From the moment you said yes to the relationship. And even before that."

"Oh, yeah, I see, so this is. Then I'll take good care not to get in touch with anyone else." Reply Zhan laughing.

After another three kisses, Yibo released Zhan from his embrace and let Zhan go to the pool. He swam several laps and could literally feel Yibo's eyes on him.

When Zhan had enough and left the pool again, Yibo was already waiting for him with a towel and rubbed Zhan dry. He also insisted on putting sunscreen back on Zhan and putting the orange lifeguard shirt back on him. He didn't care at all how some of the swimmers watched them.

"Doesn't it bother you, everyone looking at us?" Zhan asked nervously, because he was disturbed by these looks.

"Not at all. Besides, it gave me a chance to touch you." Yibo replied with a grin.

"So you only wanted to touch me?"

"Not only that, but of course I had my ulterior motives."

"I'm sure it was something perverse."

"Making love is not perverted my Bunny."

Zhan coughed falsely and quickly turned his eyes away from Yibo, who reacted with a mischievous grin: "I'm sure you've thought of that too." He said to Zhan.

"No, not yet."

"I don't believe you. I see the way you look at me."

"It's completely different."

"How is it different? You look at me, and you probably have ulterior motives. I can see right through you. You're a naughty Bunny."

"Who, me? Me? Never." Zhan replied and nearly choked.

"I knew it. We'll talk about this later, ZhanZhan." Said Yibo and laughed.

Zhan shook his head, grinning, took his backpack and went back to his seat. But no sooner had he sat down than a stranger came up to him.He sat on the blanket next to Zhan without being asked and looked at Zhan closely. "My Lord, you are beautiful to look at." The stranger said.

"Ah? Who are you?"

"My name is He Peng. And who are you, beautiful?"

"The one who is taken by a rather jealous person."

"Well, you're all I see here."

"Just because you don't see that person doesn't mean that person doesn't exist or can't see you."

"I don't care who it is. Leaving you here alone was his mistake. Now I'm here and I'd like to get to know you."

"How do you know it's a man?"

"Because I was watching you earlier and you weren't paying attention to any of the women. You kept looking at the lifeguard. Is he the type of man you like?"

"What if he is?"

"Then maybe you should take a closer look at me, I'm handsome too." He Peng replied.

"But not as good as me. What do you want from my boyfriend?" Asked Yibo, who appeared out of nowhere. Zhan was relieved that Yibo came because he had a bad feeling about He Peng.

"Your boyfriend? I don't believe you." Said He Peng.

"Yes, he's my boyfriend. And you should get the fuck away from here."

"Prove he's your boyfriend? I don't see your name!"

Yibo laughed and pointed at the orange shirt: "I gave him this lifeguard shirt. And it has my name on it! Take a good look. It doesn't say free wild or single. It says Wang Yibo. That's me! He's my boyfriend, now get away from him!" Yibo said it out loud.

"I still don't believe you. You can be friends and pretend to bemore." He Peng replied.

"They are a couple. Didn't you see the lifeguard dry and cream his boyfriend? Besides, everyone can see there's something going on between them." Another stranger interfered.

He Peng shook his head, got up from Zhan's blanket and disappeared mumbling something that nobody understood.

"With your cute looks, you'd better stay close to your boyfriend. There are many more like this guy. Oh yeah, hello first of all, I'm Park Seo-Joon."

Zhan and Yibo nodded and introduced themselves to him. And Yibo agreed with him. "ZhanZhan, I think you should stay closer to the Watchtower starting tomorrow." Said Yibo.

"I think that's really the best thing. Somehow that guy gave me the creeps." Zhan replied.

"Don't worry, I'll watch out for you today until your boyfriend gets off work. Tomorrow you'd better stay close to him." Seo-Joon said.

Zhan didn't know why, but he trusted Seo-joon. Even Yibo didn't seem to mind him. With Yibo's permission, Seo-joon sat down next to Zhan. Yibo himself went back to his watchtower. Seo-Joon and Zhan talked with each other and pretty soon, Zhan had suppressed this incident with He Peng. He was happy to have someone to talk to now which distracted him a little from waiting for Yibo.