-14- Video calls and a ring

Zhan took Yibo to the water park in his car. But already on the way there, both realized that Yibo probably won't be working outside today. More and more thick dark grey clouds appeared in the sky. And also the wind was getting stronger.

And especially for Zhan, the thought of having to spend the day in the indoor area was not a very good one. Although Zhan had never been in the indoor area before, Yibo told him that there was no way to make himself comfortable on a blanket on the floor with a book. The high humidity, the strong smell of chlorine and the noisy swimmers disturb the peace and quiet sensitively.

Moreover, there was also the fact that the lifeguards are sitting in a kind of box that enables them to watch the bathers, but the bathers could hardly look into this box. Which is a terrible scenario for Zhan. Because how can he watch his boyfriend if he can't see him?

When they reached the parking lot of the water park, the first raindrops were already falling from the sky. Yibo cursed softly, because as he told Zhan, he didn't want to go to the indoor area either. The smell of chlorine, the tropical heat and the noise often gave him headaches. And because every corner is monitored by a camera, he can't just take a break in between and spend it with Zhan.

Just as they were about to pass the entrance area, Ann Li, a colleague of Yibo, stopped them. "Yibo, didn't anyone call you?"

"No, why?"

"The water park will be closed today due to the weather."

"But the manager said that if the weather changes, the indoor area will open and we'll have to work there."

"Yes, that was the plan. But during the last inspection some defects were found and they have to be fixed. So the park will be closed today. I' m just sitting here so I can send away guests who haven't checked online before."

Yibo took his cell phone out of his pocket and checked it. "No call. I better ask anyway." So he called the manager and asked him if he had to work today or not. The manager told him the same thing Ann Li told him and apologized to Yibo for forgetting to call him.

Yibo looked joyfully at Zhan and told him, "It looks like I'm off today and tomorrow."

"That's great." Zhan replied succinctly. He was a little uncomfortable with Ann Li watching them. And he still didn't know how to act towards Yibo in front of others. In just a few days and with no experience, he still couldn't know.

And although Yibo has as little experience in these things as Zhan, he was very different and did not want to hide his feelings from anyone. He took Zhan's hand and said, "Bunny, that means we have more time for us. What are we going to do?"

Zhan's cheeks turned red immediately and it took him a moment to pull himself together and then he said, "I don't know, you decide."

"Then we could go to your place right now. We'll cook together as planned and spend the rest of the day on the sofa."

"Okay, then we' II do that." Zhan said.

Yibo took Zhan by the hand and went back to the parking lot with him. They put their bags back in the trunk and before they got into the car, Yibo gave Zhan a kiss. "Now we can." He said with a grin.

When they got to Zhan's apartment, Zhan was a little nervous. It wasn't the first time Yibo was there with him and they had spent time together as a couple. But this time it was different, because today Yibo would stay with him. And even though Zhan is head over heels in love with Yibo, he was far from being ready for the next step. But Zhan didn't want to think about that either.

Since it was still too early for lunch, the two decided to spend their time until then, with a video game. However, Zhan wasn't very good at it, so he quickly lost interest in the game. So they went over to playing cards. Which Yibo used to prove to Zhan his skills as a magician. So the card game became obsolete and Zhan got an entertainment program from Yibo, about magic.

After the cards, they thought about what else they could do. And Zhan had an idea. He had already met Yibo's entire family. So he suggested to Yibo to make a video call with Zhan's sister Yanli. Yibo immediately agreed and was looking forward to it.

The two sat down on the sofa in the living room, on the table in front of them, they put the laptop and Zhan called his sister. When she accepted the call, her eyes immediately got big when she saw Yibo. Then she started grinning and said, "That would be my future brother-in-law. What a handsome man he is."

"Hi, I'm Wang Yibo. Nice to meet you." Yibo responded with a bright smile.

"Ah Zhan, you have really good taste. Your Yibo looks really super great." She said, thus embarrassing Zhan. Of course, he saw it just like his sister, but he wouldn't have thought that his shy sister would say, what Zhan only dared to think before.

"Ha ha, yes, you're right." Zhan finally replied.

"And since my Bunny, I mean ZhanZhan, is so cute, we're a good match, right?" Yibo asked.

"Absolutely. You're a perfect match for my brother. And apparently you've already given him a nickname. Bunny, sounds kind of cute."

Yanli and Yibo both smiled and seemed to understand each other perfectly. While Zhan sat there with a fire-red face and wondered if his face was shining strong enough to be seen even from the space station in the universe.

Zhan let Yibo and Yanli continue talking while he made another video call on his cell phone. To his parents! When they accepted the call, Zhan pointed his index finger at his mouth and turned the camera around to Yibo. He was so engrossed in the conversation with Yanli that he didn't realize at first that he was being watched by Zhan's parents.

"I was sure about ZhanZhan from the first moment I saw him." Yibo just told Zhan's sister.

"Then you should come and visit us soon with your family." Zhan's father suddenly said. Yibo flinched slightly and then turned his gaze to Zhan's mobile phone.

"Surprise." Said Zhan, grinning naughtily.

Zhan sat down next to Yibo again and turned the phone camera on himself and Yibo. Zhan's mother put both hands on her mouth and said, "My God, you look really good together."

"Of course they do. After all, one is our beautiful son and the other is his handsome fiancé." Zhan's father replied.

Yibo immediately had to grin, while Zhan once again said, "You shall not call him my fiancé."

"Why ZhanZhan? Somehow it's true." Said Yibo with a giggle.

"Unless I wear a ring, it doesn't count." Said Zhan after that.

Suddenly Yibo started looking for something in his pocket and when he found it, he smiled. He had two rings in his hand, one gold, one silver. He took Zhan's hand, put the silver ring on his finger and the golden one on his own finger and said, "Ring is there. The engagement is official."

While Zhan looked at his hand and the ring in shock, everyone else laughed. " So quickly, it goes my son. " Said Zhan's father.

Zhan didn't know what to say or how to react. He just sat there speechless and watched Yibo talking to Zhan's parents and sister. But even though Zhan was shocked, he realized that it didn't even bother him. Did this mean that unconsciously he already said yes to Yibo? Was he really willing to marry Yibo, even though they had only been a couple for a few days?