-26- Lifeguard alarm

Since two days Zhan is together with Yibo and his family on the organic farm of his parents. And already the first day was an absolute highlight for Yibo, as he witnessed the birth of a little calf. Since then, Zhan has had a lot of trouble getting Yibo away from the calf. Because if it were up to Yibo, he would even want to spend the night in the barn with the little guy.

Yibo has already given a name to the calf, which belongs to the Jersey breed and will be sold to a breeder in a few months. He named the little calf, Albert. Because Yibo is convinced that little Albert is as smart as Albert Einstein. Well, or at least nearly so smart.

Less well Yibo got along with the chickens, which gave Zhan in particular several hearty laughs. Already at his first attempt to enter the henhouse, the rooster stood in front of him and made noise. And as soon as Yibo was inside, the rooster chased after Yibo with his hens, bleating loudly. Zhan wanted to help him, but he had been too busy laughing. Finally Zhan's mother came, scolded the rooster and for now Yibo was safe.

But his second try was even funnier when the rooster tried to peck Yibo in the butt. Zhan had to hurry into the henhouse and chased the rooster away with a pitchfork. But it didn't help much, because the rooster attacked then both of them. This time it was Zhan's father who threatened the rooster to cook him if he did not stop. And so the rooster let go of both of them and they could escape.

But because Yibo is not someone who gives up so easily, and he also wanted to stroke the chicks, he tried it a third time. This time he took food for the animals and while the rooster picked the food loudly bleating, he kept an eye on Yibo. And finally Yibo managed to take one of the chicks and stroke it. But only until the chick's mother noticed and went after Yibo like a crazy bitch. Yibo was so shocked that he left the henhouse in a hurry, together with the chick.

When Zhan's mother then said, he could keep the chick, Yibo said, "Oh no. When they grow up, they are ugly and mean. I'd rather give it back to its mother." So he put the chick back in the henhouse and the mother forgave him for once. But probably only because she didn't hear Yibo call the full-grown chickens ugly and mean.

In the afternoon, Zhan's parents had no more duties assigned and decided they would all go to the lake and spend a nice quiet afternoon together. Yibo was happy because he was allowed to take Albert and his mother with him. Somehow Yibo and the cow, which Yibo named Bonnie, have established a connection to each other and so she follows Yibo everywhere and so does little Albert.

When they arrived at the lake, they found a good place where they could set up their barbecue. As soon as this place was found, Zhan's father took care of the grill and Yibo looked at him crookedly as he unpacked the beef. "This is really very mean of you. After all, Bonnie and Albert are here too, they can see that." Scolded Yibo.

Zhan smiled, but found Yibo totally cute how worried he was about the animals.

Little by little a few more people came to the lake and wanted to relax or go swimming. Zhan saw how Yibo and Hai Kuan were keeping a very close eye on the swimmers. Work-related illness, Zhan still thought, when Yibo suddenly jumped up and ran to the water. Hai Kuan followed him and both jumped into the water and swam off.

"What is wrong? Did something happen?" Yibo's mother asked confusedly. Everyone shrugged, because no one had seen or heard anything.

Zhan stood up and followed with glances, looking in the direction Yibo and Hai Kuan swam. He admired how fast they were. And then Zhan saw where they swam to in such a hurry. It looked like a child floating motionless in the water. Zhan got goose bumps right away. "Dad, get me a blanket." He said, and grabbed it.

He ran down to the water with the blanket and waited for Yibo and Hai Kuan who had already reached the child, a boy, and swam back with him in Zhan's direction. Yibo carried the little one out of the water as soon as he could stand. Zhan put the blanket on the ground and Yibo put the little one on top of it. Immediately he and Hai Kuan started the resuscitation attempts.

Zhan was so shocked that he was shaking all over. But still he crouched down next to the boy and prayed for him quietly. After three or maybe four minutes, the boy suddenly coughed and vomited the water he had swallowed. His parents had also already arrived, crying and holding each other in their arms while Yibo and Hai Kuan stabilized the little one until an ambulance arrived and took the boy away.

Everyone had been relieved about the exit, because it could have happened that the boy did not survive. And while Yibo and Hai Kuan kept quiet, after all it is their job, everyone else was so excited that they were talking out loud.

Yibo, however, first hugged Zhan and then went to the calf Albert and said, "Did you see that? This is how I save lives." He stroked Albert and the little one licked his free arm.

Zhan, however, started to think. For him, Yibo was and is a lifeguard through and through and Zhan knew that Yibo would not be happy in the bookshop in the long run. And so he thought back and forth how he could help Yibo and Hai Kuan to get back to their jobs.

And then it came back to him. A few days ago, when he still had to stay in bed, he used his cell phone to read some news. In one of the articles a school director complained that they cannot offer swimming lessons this year. The old swimming teacher and his assistant quit in the last school year and switched to a private school because the pay is better there. And because they still haven't found a new swimming teacher, they can't offer swimming lessons.

"Hey, you two." Said Zhan to Yibo and Hai Kuan.

"Yeah?" Both ask at the same time.

"Can you actually teach swimming lessons?"

"Yeah, sure. Why?"

"I have an idea." Said Zhan and told them about the article. He took out his cell phone and looked for the article. It took a few minutes, but then he found it. Luckily for him, there was a phone number on it, so he called there immediately when Yibo and also Hai Kuan said they would like to teach children and teenagers how to swim.

For minutes, Zhan talked to the school director, away from the others. When he returned, he looked at Yibo and Hai Kuan and said, "If you want, you can come to him on Monday morning with your credentials and documents. The two jobs are still available."

The two brothers stared at Zhan and then almost jumped for joy around his neck. They immediately started talking about the different ways they could teach the children to swim and especially how to support talented swimmers. They talked about it with such enthusiasm that they infected everyone else and they were also enthusiastic.

Zhan looked at all this happily and was a little sad that he no longer had Yibo as a colleague. But he was much more happy that Yibo can finally do what he loves to do again.

They all stayed at the lake until the evening, barbecued and talked and only around 8 pm, they went back to the organic farm, where they spent the rest of the evening around the campfire on the farm. Yibo and Zhan were in the barn with Bonnie and Albert where Yibo explained the basics of a lifeguard to the calf and Zhan read the new chapters of books he followed, of the many great writers at Wattpad and wrote to these great writers that he loves their stories and is very grateful to them for always making time for their readers to entertain them.

A/N: Dear authors and readers, thank you! You make Wattpad what it is. You are just great. All of you!