-18- Yibo's Friends (Part 2)

POV Yibo

After they all finally climbed this wall at least once, his friends decided to face another more difficult wall. Yibo really didn't feel like it anymore. He didn't like how well Zhan and this employee named Maya got along.

Nevertheless, they all went to the other wall together. Zhan, however, said right away that he would not climb any further now because his arms were aching. Yibo didn't want to climb any more either, but was persuaded when Zhan said he wanted to see Yibo at the top of the wall.

Yibo started to climb the wall but could hardly concentrate because he kept looking down at Zhan who was talking animatedly to the employee. They both laughed and looked very happy. Not like before when they entered the hall and Zhan looked like he was about to turn around and run away.

But when Yibo, already annoyed, was ready to just give up, sit down next to Zhan and make it clear to this employee to whom Zhan belongs, when Zhan stood up and cheered him on. "Come on, Yibo, you can do it. Come on, show me what you have got." Shouted Zhan. Which made Yibo's heart flutter.

Bit by bit Yibo climbed up the wall and under the cheers of Zhan, it was not so hard for him to get to the top and ring the bell. Happy and cheerful, Yibo roped himself down, ran to Zhan and embraced him with joy. Now he knew what was going on in Zhan as he hugged the employee. As happy as Yibo is right now, he would have hugged someone else if Zhan had not been available.

Yibo took Zhan's hand and kissed it. "I'm sorry I got so angry and jealous earlier. You were right and I should have waited for you instead of starting climbing already. Love you, ZhanZhan."

"Love you, Yibo, and like I said, let's just make the best of this day." Zhan replied, smiling happily.

As the three hours in the climbing hall had expired, the five men changed their clothes and then set off together to the city park. But actually, Yibo would much rather be alone with Zhan again. He was annoyed that he even had the idea to meet up with his friends.

He knew that Seungyoun and Wooseok, who are both self-employed and can manage their time, would be very happy. But he thought it might be a good idea for Zhan and the others to get to know each other now. Anyway, they would have to get to know each other at some point. Especially since Yibo doesn't intend to let Zhan go again, or wait long with the wedding. So it would be better if his friends got to know Zhan before the wedding.

Only he didn't count on how much it would bother him that he is not alone with Zhan. And he reckoned even less that he would become jealous of an employee of the climbing hall just because Zhan was embracing her with joy.

But now, after spending nearly three and a half hours with Zhan and his friends, what he felt was that they were still treating Zhan like an outsider and not talking to him. It made him angry that his friends didn't even bother to ask Zhan at least a few questions so they could get to know him better.

So Yibo pulled his best friend to him when they reached the park and wanted to talk to him. "I want you to stop ignoring my fiancé." Said Yibo very seriously.

"Your, your fiancé? You've been together a few days and you're engaged already?" Seungyoun asked in shock.

"That's right. I told ZhanZhan on the first day that I am his future husband and I'm glad Zhan gave me a chance. I love him, I love him very much and I want to spend my life with him. That's why I also want my friends to get along with him."

"And what should we talk about with him? He' s a few years older than us and very different from us. I don't even know why you fell in love with him. He doesn't suit you at all."

"I don't believe you're in a position to judge that. And since you don't even know Zhan, you can't judge him either. You should take your time and get to know him, then you can see what a great lovable person he is. And I think he's a great fit for me."

"I don't know. I can't order Wooseok to do anything, and if he's not interested in Zhan, there's nothing I can do. You can't force us to like him."

"Force us? Who said I was forcing you to like him? I just want you to get to know him. I want my best friend and his life partner to get along with my fiancé. I'm asking you to be open with him and give him a chance. But I'm not forcing you." Yibo replied angrily.

When Yibo looked over to Zhan, he had to smile. Because Zhan was standing with Wooseok and they were talking. They even laughed and even Li Wenhan was smiling. " Seems Wooseok doesn't think like you do." Said Yibo and went to the others. He put his arm around Zhan's hip and listened to the conversation of the three men.

"I tell you, I loved that book. But unfortunately it got lost when I moved. It was a first edition and unfortunately I can't find another one." Said Wooseok.

"I have this book, and I have a first edition. I know how hard it is to get them. But I'm sure my boss would find something. Why don't you come to the shop next week and we'll ask my boss? I'm sure he'll help you." Zhan replied.

"With pleasure. It would mean a lot to me. I mean, it was the first book I ever bought and I must have read it more than 10 times, but it never got boring." Explained Wooseok.

"And I would love to be a part of one of your horror nights. I've read so much about it. Or a night of mystery too. I've heard that mystery nights are especially popular." Said Li Wenhan.

"Well, next Thursday is next mystery night. If you want to attend, you'd better sign up on Monday. And the night of horror is the following week from Saturday to Sunday. And you should sign up early for that too." Zhan explained.

"And is that expensive?" Li Wenhan wanted to know.

"No. Since my boss wants even the low-income earners to be able to afford it. And with the contribution made, drinks and snacks are included. There's no extra charge unless you want to buy a book, audiobook or anything else." Zhan replied.

"ZhanZhan, do you have to work evenings and nights too?" Yibo asked.

"Well, our store is open 24 hours a day. Because our store is right next to the train station, it's especially great for travelers who have to make a late night stop on the train. They come to our shop, have a coffee, eat a snack, buy a book or a magazine. So yes, I also work shifts, evenings and nights."

"Damn it, then we can't fall asleep together every night?"

"No. Unless you can persuade my boss, to finally hire more employees, so I don't have to work nights."

"Well, I'll just have to talk to your boss. I have no intention of sleeping alone at night once we're married." Yibo said with a grin.

"You are getting married?" Wooseok and Li Wenhan asked at the same time.

"Yes, we do." Yibo replied.

"Wow, I'm happy for you. Congratulations." Said Wooseok and Li Wenhan joined in.

"You don't think it's too soon?"

The two men shook their heads, and Wenhan said, "Why should it be? If you're sure, you should do it. And besides, I know you very well Yibo. You wouldn't do this unless you were absolutely sure."

Yibo nodded. He was glad Wenhan said so and even Wooseok confirmed it. Only Seungyoun still looked like he thought Yibo was crazy. But Yibo didn't care. Because he knew that Zhan was the one for him. The right one and the only one. And something in him told him that he was doing the right thing.