26.

Meera had seen the Mughal court on her first night here during the Dawaat , but the morning sunlight made the golden walls of the court look more majestic if that was even possible. The white marbles lining the floor reflected her her image and the glass chandelier handing from the ceiling was so huge that it made her think how in the name of Lord Krishna had they got it up there.

She stood in front of the the throne where Haider sat with a crown placed on his head.

"Malika-e-Hindustan !" Haider greeted her and Meera looked at him and gave him a small smile.
His green eyes eyes had specks of blue and grey and looked like an image of sky on a stormy night. His under eyes were darker and a 5 pm stubble lined his perfectly sculptured jaw.
He woke a dark green silk kurta which coincidentally matched her own green lehnga.

"Can we start the proceedings your highness?" Ali Baksh asked Haider to which he nodded.

"The court which has been summoned today will be discussing subjects related to the Mughal sultanate and its citizens." Ali Baksh began the court briefing. "Today the matter in hand are : budget allocations for Hajj, land allocation for the Shiv temple, land allocation for resettlement of migrants from the mountain, dispute settlement between the Ansari family, making employment for the migrants, Bilal Ashraf vs defendant Mee... defendant Meera Haider Ali Khan accused of kidnapping and harassment ?" Ali Baksh said confused reading out from the scroll.

"First case : Ansari family dispute."

Meera couldn't register the accusations for sometime and it then struck her, Bilal Ashraf was Avantika's husband, the same man who was forcing himself of her yesterday the one she thrown out yesterday.

The news of the queen being summoned in the court had spread throughout the palace like wild fire, while most prayed and wished well for Meera, there were a few who heart soared at her misfortune.

Ammi Be, Zulekha and a few other wives of ministers who were guest of the royal family made their way towards the courts watching gallery to see the court proceedings.

Ammi Be kept praying, rotating her prayer beads and Zulekha kept praying for Meera to be proven guilty of whatever she was accused of.
As soon as they took place and peeped down the watch windows Meera's name was announced.

"Malika e Hindustan Meeera Haider Ali Khan is being accused of kidnapping and harassment by senior treasurer Bilal Ashraf." Ali Baksh announced.

"Would the defendant like to make a statement." He said looking at Meera.

"I'm not really sure what exactly I'm being accused of if Bilal sahab could clarify-."

"You don't know what you've done ? Drop the act Malika e Hindustan." Minister Bilal roared. "You forcefully took my wife from me, you humiliate me, you have hidden my youngest wife and you act innocent you-."

"Bilal Sahab." Haider roared, his hand fisted into a ball trying to control his anger. "Are you forgetting she is your queen and my wife, I will not anyone, anyone speak to her in that tone. You have accused Meera and she is innocent until proven guilty and if she is guilty she shall be punished like any other person but you or anyone else will not talk to be my begum in that manner."

"Apologies my king, I am just a little stressed and worried, my wife was taken away from me past midnight yesterday and it's mid day today and I have no clue where she is, if she is safe."

"She is safe as long as she is away from you." Meera spat venomously.
"I'd like to inform the court about what exactly happened yesterday. While I was returning to my chamber with my help and bodyguard we heard a woman cry and when traced back it was his wife crying for mercy when he was raping her-."