34.

Happy Independence Day Pakistan 🇵🇰🕊
Please read the AN

"How did he reach Agra, how did he know where you'd be." Abhishek raked his fingers through his hair. "If Haider knows I'm dead."

"Compose yourself Bhaisa." Meera replied. She was pale, parched and tired, seeing her first love, the man whom she had dreamt of growing old and grey with in front of her, but yet so far had left her wrecked emotionally.

"Are you okay Meera ?" Kanika asked as they entered the courtyard.

"I'm good I just feel a little light headed." She said wiping the sweat off her forehead.
Her lips were dry and her breathing laboured.

"I'll take your leave now." Abhishek said. "Take care of yourself Meera." He said stroking her head lovingly.

"Everyone nothing out of the ordinary happened today. Am I clear ?" Kanika said.

Hania, Avantika and Jamila nodded.
Although they didn't know who the man was, they knew he wasn't good news.

As they walked across the courtyard, cool wind caressed their faces, more than half the day was over.
Meera felt her legs become heavier with each step, and her balance faltering. Her vision turned blank and she slipped into unconsciousness.

As Meera fell on the concrete floor of the courtyard with a thud, the passers by and her companion stopped. Meera lying on the floor unresponsive had turned their hands and feet cold.

"Meera didi, wake up." Avantika said patting on Meera's cheek as she cradled her unconscious body in her lap.

"Someone get water." Jamila shouted.

"What do we do ?" Hania said in a panic striken voice.

Avantika splashed water on Meera's face but she remained unresponsive.

"Let's carry her to the harem and call the Hakim." Jamila said.
She scooped Meera in her arms and carried her up to the harem courtyard as even the Hakim wasn't allowed to enter the queens chamber without her or the kings permission.

"Someone inform the queen mother and the king about her condition." Kanika instructed.

They laid her down on the diwan and covered her body with a duvet.
Curtains were drawn and everyone was asked to go to any other part of the harem and give the queen privacy.

Ammi be came rushing to the harem courtyard and Zulekha tailed behind her.

"Oh my child!" Ammi Be exclaimed as she held Meera's hand in hers and sat next to her on a stool.
"She looks so pale, call the Hakim someone."

"Already did queen mother." Jamila replied.

"Nadia why don't you check her before the Hakim." Ammi be asked her personal maid who knew a little about medicine and human physiology.

Nadia was a fifty something old woman who had been loyal to Inayat since her time being the reigning queen.

Nadia made her way though the little crowd towards Meera and held her hand in hers checking her pulse.
She palpated her abdomen and looked at for pallor.

"I'm not sure my queen because this isn't my area of expertise, but I think the new queen may soon become a new mother. She might be pregnant." Nadia said with a smile.