27.

Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate Eid.
We didn't reach the target which is sad but just because it's Eid, here is a treat.
Next update only at 60

Haider was an early riser, an hour before sunrise would be the only time he would get for himself, he would use this hour doing what he loved best, refining his swordsmanship.

Although the rumours said Haider was the best swordsman in the entire Hindustan, Haider believed that he has to learn more and perfect ever move with his sword.

He opened his eye exactly an hour before dawn to realise that the ceiling wasn't carved with the holy scriptures instead it was a framework of mirror in which he could see himself and his wife who was curled next to him, her feet tangled with his own.

He looked at her and smiled, a stray hair was pecking her cheek so he pushed it out of her face and tucked it behind. He looked at her face absorbing her beauty, her innocent face so at peace, unaware of all the sin in the world. He untangled himself from her hold and bent down to kiss her forehead softly earning a coo from her sleeping self making him smile.

He straightened his clothes and walked out of her room closing the door being her gently. The guards who were stationed on the stairs of the third floor were sent up to stand outside her door.

Haider walked towards south wing of the palace which was his own, his own office, library, his fighting pit, his chamber. The south wing was also occupied by all the ministers who stayed in the palace.

He was greeted by Abdullah his man friday who waited for him near the sand pit where Haider danced with his sword.

"Assalam Walekum Haider miya ." Abdullah had taken care of every need of his since he had taken the throne, Abdul baba as Haider called him stood with his sword ready.

"Walekum Salam." Haider greeted back and picked his sword from the tray and pulled the kurta over his head entering the pit in just his dhoti.

He cut the air with such fineness that if the air had blood it too would bleed. His body was covered in sweat and sand, his curly mop of tousled hair had added a charm to his masculinity, Haider in every form was desirable to a woman.

A set of eyes watched him, desire burning in her heart, a desire to have his heart and mould his body into hers. It was maddening her love and her lust for him, and she was consumed in madnesses, completely.

———

Meera woke up an hour past dawn, still early for the rest of the world. The bed sheet on the other half of the half was crumpled and smelled like him- the comforting smell of vanilla and oak ?

She knew Haider had stayed the night and it worries her that she did not mind him sleeping next to her, in fact some part of her liked his close proximity.

Meera got ready for the day, she decided to ask Ammi Be about the rest of the laws in the Sharia related to marriage and she would have to talk to Avantika too.

Meera busied herself for the next two days jotting down points and arguments, statements and testimonies everything which would help Avantika get rid of Husband.

It was the night before the hearing, Ammi Be kissed Meera's forehead.

"I'll see you tomorrow at lunch, we'll have a victory lunch mere bacche. Inshallah you'll win, I know you will, I know you can never do anything wrong and Allah knows that too, all the gods will guide you tomorrow." Inayat said getting up from her dining chair and hugging Meera.

Haider caught Meera's hand and pulled her from the hug, holding her beside him.
"Ammi." Haider said dramatically. "Sab mohabatt isse he de do, mai aapka beta hu, apki apni aulad, aur aap isse zada mohabatt karti hai." He said pointing his finger at Meera, faking hurt.

"Apni patni se jalna koi samajdari ki baat hai Badesha e Hindustan, voh apse pyar karey ya humse ek he baat hui na." Meera said poking her tongue out.

Meera's word had knocked the wind out of Haider, his mouth had felt dry, yes he was incredibly attracted to his wife, yes he knew he had married her in order to take revenge from her father but he had given up on that idea on her very first day in the palace.

"Ammi, you should go rest now it's late and we'll head up too ." He said trying to find his voice.
After Inayat left for her chamber he
pulled Meera ahead and stopped after a couple of steps , he couldn't wait till they reached the confines of her room.

"Patni ? Yani begum ?"

"Ji ? Patni Hindi me kehte hai aur Begum Urdu me." (Yes ? In Hindi it's called Patni and in Urdu it's begum)

"Don't play innocent you little bird." Haider said pinching her nose playfully. "Patni huh ?"

"What?" Meera laughed bashfully punching his arm. Haider had seen glimpses of her playful side, but this was new, her acceptance as his wife was new. "I am what I am."

"And what are you ?" He asked, trapping her between his arms.

"Haider ! Please, we are in the courtyard." Meera hissed.

"What are you Meera." Haider whispered in her ear, his breath fanning her ear, a pleasant shiver running down her spine.

"I..I am Meera." She said

"Hmm." He hummed, the vibrations of his humming, passed a jolt of electric current through her body, the hair on her neck stood up, she was more aware of her surrounding, her heart thudded as if she had run a mile.

"I am Malika e Hindustan, I order you to release me right now." She said trying not to sound flushed but he knew from the buckling of her knees that she was barely holding it together, if he let go his grip on her waist she would be on the floor.

"Malika e Hindustan, who am I ?" He said in his husky voice, and she knew she was done, completely under his spell, under his mercy.

"I..I." She stuttered.

"Yes little bird, go on."

"My..my."

"Meera." Haider let out a throaty growl.

"My husband." She said her eyes squeeze shut, she buried her head in her chest, to prevent facing him, she could hear his heart beat and feel his chest vibrate as he laughed at her bashfulness.

"God Haider stop." Her muffled protest made him laugh harder.

The entire courtyard had turned their back towards the couple to prevent intruding their intimate and private moment.
Although everyone had a smile on their face seeing their king and queen happy.

A set of eyes however looked at the two hidden in the shadow, heard every word spoken, her heart burnt with jealousy, she wanted blood, Meera's blood for taking away what was hers.

"I bet your heart is seething looking at the two."

Zulekha turned around at the voice.

"I hate her, as much as you do. She has taken away my love just as she has taken away yours from you." Kanika said.

"Oh no it's not Haider." Kanika laughed evilly looking at Zulekha's contoured face.

"Dushman ka Dushman Dost hota hai Zulekha bibi. Toh kya ye Dosti manzoor hai apko ?" (Enemy of an enemy is always a friend, so do you say I do to this friendship ?)

AN: *dramatic music*
So the first half of the chapter was so-so, it was meant to be a filler but bam ! I felt like it was time the two made progress.
Another progress is new the alliances being formed between the two women we all don't like (I hope you don't like them too)
Oh and don't forget Meera has to fight her case in the court, next chapter is going to be intense, probably the longest I'll ever write, I might divide it into two, dw it will be a double update if so.
Lot of love xoxo