47.

As the days progressed, Meera's bump started growing, she opted for clothes larger for her petite frame.

Avantika's condition however remained constant. The Hakim said soon she would wake up but Avantika showed no signs of waking up any time soon.

Meera had been speaking to Avantika for an hour now.

"Malika enough for the day let's go, you have to eat it's your breakfast time." Hania reminded.

"Oh god Hania, you keep nagging me all the time."

"I do because you don't take care of yourself." Hania huffed.

"Okay okay let's-." Meera was interrupted as the door of Avantika's room opened.

"Meera ?"

"Abhishek Bhaisa, how are you ?" Meera smiled at the familiar face.

"I..I am good. How are you ?" He said and Hania gave out a humourless laugh.

"Hania." Meera said in a warning tone.

"What ?" Hania snapped. "He's asking you how are you doing ? Clearly after knowing about your pathetic condition, not once did he come to see you Malika an-."

"Hania." Meera said again a little louder.

"No, I don't care who he is, I don't. If he called you his sister he should have taken a stand for you, trusted you but this man." Hania said pointing an accusing finger at Abhishek. "He knew how sick you were, we thought we almost lost you." She choked on her tears.

"He still was happy, enjoying, celebrating his wedding with this thankless girl." She said pointing at Avantika's unconscious body. "I'm glad you couldn't marry her, you deserve it, it's your karma. If you and your fiancé couldn't take side of Meera who had always given her everything for you, you deserve this and much more." Hania spat seething in rage.

"Hania pleas-."

"No. She is right Meera I-."

"Of course I'm right." Hania said venously. "Now give me my way." She said and walk past Abhishek to the door.

"I'm waiting outside Malika, come soon." She said and slammed the door behind her.

Meera looked at Abhishek apologetically.

"Sorry, Bhaisa she is just a child please don't min-."

"She's right Meera." He said looking at his feet. "I should have trusted you."

Meera walked towards him and placed his hand on his shoulder.
She looked at him and smiled before leaving the room.

Yes it would have been better if he had trusted her, but it wouldn't have made a difference in her life. For the person who should have trusted her didn't and nobody matter to her except him.

Meera walked to the harem court, greeting and smiling at everyone on her way. The rumours about her had died down within a month and everyone had seen Meera reduced to bone and skin they too started believing their queen, Haider's announcement about his second marriage made them look down at her with pity and Zulekha's ill treatment towards them made them respect Meera more.

As Meera reached the end of the corridor she saw Hania talking to Jamila.

"Malika!" Jamila squealed and came rushing towards her. "I've missed you." She said hugging Meera.
Jamila had taken a week off as she had to visit her sister who had just given birth to a beautiful baby girl.

"Jamila aapa carefully." Hania hissed.

"Oh sorry sorry." Jamila said pulling from the hug and looking apologetically at Hania.