38.

Meera and Haider had freshened up after the morning's session.

Meera had worn a beautiful red Anarkali which Noor had designed for her. She wore complimenting jhumkas and a beautiful nose ring.
She has middle parted and braided her long hair. Meera looked stunning in the simplest outfit and minimal jewellery.

Haider too had been given clothes per selected by Noor before she left

Haider too had been given clothes per selected by Noor before she left. He was given a white kurta with a black overcoat.

"Don't you look ravishing my Queen

"Don't you look ravishing my Queen." Haider said huskily in Meera's ear.

"No Haider." Meera said turning around and pushing him away and his advances towards her.

"No what, you don't look beautiful or no you don't want to ha-."

"No means don't trouble me, we are getting late and Ammi jaan must be waiting for us." She said quickly turning around to face the mirror, she quickly rubbed the khol on her waterline and sprayed the itar ammi be had given her.

Haider looked at her through the mirror, a small smile tugged on his lips, how did he become so lucky to have this woman in his life.

Meera watched him looking at her, a faint blush tinted her cheeks. She turned around and looked at him clearing her throat.

"Are you planning to celebrate your entire Eid in this room, because I'm not." She said looking up at him.
"Haider ?" She called him but he just looked down at her and smiled, dazed.

"Haye Ram ! Haider Zahoor Ali Khan chale ab." She said pulling him by his hand dragging him towards the palace courtyard.

The palace courtyard was beautiful decorated with silk drapes and flowers.
All the residents of the palace and important members of the court were present with their families.

The crowd had parted for their king and queen as they walked hand in hand towards the slightly elevated platform built.

Ammi he stood their wearing a yellow and green silk saree, beaming at her children.