11 - Anything interesting?

Author pov

Once entering his cabin, Arjun removed his suit in anger and let it fall on the floor with irritation dripping from his face, hearing a knock from his cabin door he shouted, "come in" 

Sensing his boss's angry mode he hesitated to come in, "come in dammit you don't need to knock on the door again" Arjun yelled again at his poor Assistant who can sense his moods easily than anyone in the office knows.

"Sir, Mr. Draper is waiting in the conference room," said Parvin Raj, Arjun's PA who works for him for the past 5 years ever since he joined here.

Arjun's life was not easy in this office even Arjun was his father's favorite son. His father made him work as Junior Engineer in their own Automobile company to feel the pain of the normal employee and worth for money as his father always tells him, "Nothing will come easy and if it comes easy it's not worth your value"

After whole 3 years, Arjun got promoted as COO of the company and still, he didn't achieve his CEO position because his father thinks he needs to know many things in the business apart from his business tactics, and the main reason his father is not ready to hand his hard work to him when he can't control his anger.

"My father?" he asked picking his suit from the floor.

"He will be there in 10 minutes as he is on another call right now" Arjun nodded his head and gave him a sharp stare, "bring my coffee to the conference room" he walked out carrying the project file with him.

Parvin made a coffee for Arjun and entered the room filled with darkness except for the projector light, he placed the coffee in front of Arjun who is staring blankly at the projector. Arjun's mind is filled with light brown orbs which are showering questions with its simple looks, he can't concentrate on what is in front of him. The same eyes are keeping him awake from his mystery world.

"what do you think Arjun?" his father asked him looking at the papers that Mr. Draper gave him.

He shook his head, "we need to look for another supplier Mr. Verma" his voice sounded professional, closing the documents Arjun stood up.

"Can I know the reason, Mr. Verma?" Mr. Draper asked with a small smile but his eyes are throwing fireballs at Arjun.

Shrugging his shoulders Arjun said, "I don't like your presentation"

"Mr. Verma decide yourself, no one can supply products like us" his words were directed to Arjun's father who placed his look on Arjun who is looking at Mr. Draper with a small smile, "your son hasn't even concentrated on the presentation but he is managing to make himself active using false remarks"

This made Arjun's smile replaced with anger, "Playing with secretary's legs is also part of the presentation Mr. Draper?" his face was gone pale while his secretary left the room with her head bent down in shame.

Arjun might have not able to concentrate on the presentation fully but his keen looks may shake anyone's feet.

"I am taking the deal off from you Mr. Draper" 

"Arjun, I need a reason" his father interrupted him with a honed look, "his products are not good what he presents Mr. Verma, decide yourself " he gave the file to his father and continued looking at Mr. Draper, "my silence is not my weakness Mr. Draper, next time before buying my testing team try to buy me" he walked out of the room leaving the whole conference room in silence.

"Meet you through my lawyer Mr. Draper" Arjun's father walked out with a smile on his face hearing his son's smooth replies.

His PA Praniv followed him back to his office but stopped when he found a man near his cabin, "How can I help you, sir"

"I need to see Mr. Verma" 

"Arjun sir or his father?"

"Arjun" 

"What is your name sir?"

"Vishwanath"

Diya pov

"Stop right there Mr. Verma" I stopped Adivk Verma who was about to open the door.

He stopped in his track but with his back facing me, "your family is good in walking out of people's life after shattering them into pieces" I whispered angrily, wiping in tear, "but get one thing, you are destroying my life like a coward instead of being a man"

This made him turn to me who stood still in a silent way, "you still didn't tell anything to your father about my brother right? Tell him soon"

"You don't need to say what I should do" I spatted angrily, "what my father did to you peoples?" he is the only one from whom I can get answers.

"Why don't you get your answers from your father?" his fist his hand in deep grip, "I am sure he can give you tonnes of answers but don't forget NOTHING IN THIS WORLD CAN BE TRUSTED. NOTHING" he walked out making his ears deaf ignoring my pleas.

Instantly I called his mother, "do you know about my father's relationship with your family" I asked the next second she attend the call.

"No Diya"

"Please Aunty, I feel like there is a big misunderstanding between them I need to clear them and make everything right" I pleaded with tears brimming in my eyes.

"I promise Diya, I don't know anything about your father, Arjun never tried to speak about this with me" wiping my tears, "thanks" I cut the call.

What is happening around me? Are the brothers telling the truth? The only solution is I need to find it myself. But where to start? How can I prove my father is innocent, my legs found it's way to Arjun's room. I looked around the shelf to find anything related to my father or me but I found none.

I tried to find other rooms key if he had any spare keys but when I found none, I decided to take the key which I throw at the balcony. Looking down I found it on the slab down to the porch, my eyes wandered around the house to find something like a lengthy rod or something and none again. 

So I took the help of the security to get the keys, when I took them successfully I tried to open a room near his bedroom, when I opened it, I found it empty so moving to the next room I saw many wooden chairs, the desk in a messy way my legs moved towards the bookshelf filled with documents and files.

Quickly I looked it to find anything related but again found nothing. My only hope is now my father's study room. I started to arrange the files but then I heard a voice from behind me.

"Do you find anything interesting?"