23 - Night talk

Diya pov

Empty

Hollow

Agony

Void

Pyrrhic

This is all that I feel hearing his words from that heartless man with a blank look.

Being brought up in a well-settled family I have never had pain, suffering, tears except the longing to feel my mother's pain.

But after my marriage, I started to feel everything slowly, being pushed aside from love, being kept in dark for years, being the plaything with emotions, being betrayed by the only person I love.

The love which is still living inside me is burning my whole world killing every single part of my being slowly inch by inch with much force making successfully giving pain to me which is slowly dying by now.

The thought of him being with another person, the thought of having another woman in his arms, the thought of losing the only love in my life is killing me.

My ears became deaf after hearing his words, the bleeding heart of mine is still whipping in me making me hard to digest the problem.

I felt someone is placing tonnes of weights on my chest that it became too heavy to beat its next thump to keep me alive. Everything is flying away in the air from my hands my love, my dreams, my hope...everything just flew away.

Wish I could have faced many problems rather than being a girl who loves having a simple life without any problems or pain, maybe that would have given me enough courage to play with my problems. I too wanted to be the girl who fights against it but I am just hoping that the problems will end soon and i will lead a problem less life with him.

But my desire is melting like an iceberg into the sea of my own sorrow.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I gasped in surprise, "hey are you crying?" A man beside me asked with a concern filled face.

Wiping my traitor tear, I smiled at him, "nothing just some dust" he nodded turning his attention back to his employer.

"Good to hear it," Mr. Gurjar said to Arjun with a smile on. I went blank for God knows how many minutes they had finished their business talks.

Burying the pain of my heart I sat there like a stone without showing my affliction at least not in front of him.

Each and every day I am getting to see the new side of his face, the cunning, manipulating, ugly face.

"I think you got your answer you wanted to hear, now let's go back to business. Share will stand-in 70-30"

Mr. Gurjar's son stood up, "speaking of shares, our product will make you come anyone come to us, whether it be you or anyone, we are not going to reduce our profit margin"

Arjun placed his coffee mug back on the table and looked at me as I quickly averted my face around the hall but something strange caught my eyes, it's the same kind of Diary I found in my father's study.

It is trying to come out of Mr. Gurjar's coat pocket before it spills out he hides it back into his pocket buttoning his suit elegantly without anyone noticing. The same diary might be with anyone but my eyes, again and again, went to his suit trying to read the diary beyond that suit he has hidden.

Loud laughter broke my thoughts, "It's not fair Mr. Verma, we got to deal with it and you will definitely do things in your own perfect way and your brother..." Mr. Gurjar stopped for a second and gasped in shock, a fake shock, "oh I heard your brother left your company? How heartbreaking it is!!!" the guileful look says it all, how happy he is.