16 - My Wife

Happy Reading

Spare my grammatical mistakes[not edited]

Diya pov

Please do comment😔

Fear engulfed me, I ran after him with trembling steps unable to guess what is going on in his mind as it will go crazy when he is not in his sense and this anger is surely making him go insane with unwanted demented ideas to maim me.

Come back to your senses Diya, it's you who is the cause for all these problems you are not supposed to utter those words. 

You willingly gave your body to him then how will you accuse him with such a word? Anger always blinds one's eye and here I am triggering his anger with my stupidity. 

My legs stopped at the door when I realized my mistake, "Arjun stop" my voice came as a whisper but it successfully reached the angry Lion ears who stopped at the door with his back facing me, "I..I shouldn't have said...said it. I'm sorry" he chuckled bitterly turning to me, "sorry?" he asked taking a few steps towards me as I abruptly took a few steps back in unnoticeable horror.

Sensing my fear he stopped in his tracks looking into my eyes with an unwavering gaze, "Am I forcing you to do things?" his masked cold voice shook me unbelievably make me freeze in my spot.

His gaze still maintained to withstand my teary eyes forcing me to answer him but my throat suddenly became dry as words refused to spill out of my tongue. How can one accept their defeat come mistake willingly, well I am not an exception? Gazing away from him I indirectly accepted my beat in front of him.

"You do know the answer, don't take my silence as granted for your every word" without sparing a second he walked out of the door with hard footsteps indicating to me how angry it got with my every conversation.

I followed behind him to the elevator taking long strides as fast as I can to match his steady long steps, "what are you going to do Arjun?" my voice came as a plea more than ordering or requesting him who stood like a deaf as my words never reached his ears, "don't do anything to hurt my father" his head snapped towards me with a confused look.

"how do you guess I am going to hurt your father?"

"You always wanted to see him hurt right?" my heart ached when I witness the scene of my two lovable peoples of my life fight with each other. 

"It's not his turn," he said looking straight at the mirroring elevator door drenching me in a sea of confusion. What does he mean it's not his turn? 

What is he planning now? Why is he behaving very strangely odd these days

When I heard the elevator sound 'ding' he moved out fast before I could recover from the confused state, I ran after him to hold his hand to stop him from doing anything further, "don't take anything which makes you regret more"

He removed my hold in his hand walked ahead in the empty garden to the pathway to the near building(apartment) without answering me, the sudden realization hits me it's Raghav's apartment. "You are going to Raghav's apartment?" I tilted my head towards his direction walking beside him.

"Already making baby steps, huh?" he asked with a smirk but the vein which appeared on his knuckles and jaw uttered a different story of his eyes, "you are lacking your brain in anger Arjun" I hold his white shirt which is rolled up to his elbows. 

He went to the stairs directly and climbed fast enough to reach the second floor in few seconds while I am breathing hard in anger and nervous, he rang the bell multiple times, "this is wrong Arjun, come back please we can sort this out" I tried to pull his hands but he is too stubborn to move an inch from the place impatiently pressing the bell again and again.

"patience Krish" I heard Raghav's voice from inside which instantly brought fire to Arjun's eyes. Once the door opened with a small sound we saw Raghav's smiling face expecting Krish, it turned into confusion for a snap of second but again replaced with a smile looking at me which I returned awkwardly, "Hey Diya, I never expected you. Come in" he ignored the fire monster beside me, I moved my head towards Arjun earning greetings from Raghav.

 "Hello, Arjun I am Raghav.  How can I help you?"

"Sorry..." I stopped in the middle when I saw Arjun marching towards Raghav gripping his t-shirt collar pushing in inside his house angrily without wasting a second for me to react to his beast attitude I hastily moved inside the house to see him holding Raghav with a pinned hard look slightly towering over Raghav's 6 feet height with his 6' 2'' height which gave him a dangerous look than already his eyes are presenting.

I gasped when his fist became hard pulling him close to his touching his nose with a deadly glare, "leave him Arjun" my statement came as a plea as my tears which were ready to come out once is now freely flowing, this was not supposed to happen.

This should never happen, I don't want anybody to hurt because of me and Raghav should not be the one to get pain as she gives pain to another person. Everything is straight away getting my brain affected directly or indirectly causing me to tear myself into pieces or to get deep down into the world of darkness.

Hearing me his hold tightened more on Raghav who stood there doing nothing to protect him or relieve himself from the dangerous man in front of him but he is having his straight gaze pinned at Arjun without uttering any word or protest.

"Stay away from her" Arjun pressed every word carefully in his hard straight tone without leaving a shattered word, "take this as first and last warning"

Leaving Raghav he turned to leave but Raghav who just adjusted his wrinkled collar took a step towards Arjun, "And why should I do it accepting your order"  his smile is indicating he is not ready to accept anyone's orders.

"Cause I said so" the almighty in front of me gave him another long gaze with a cold ruthless look covering his anger or emotions.

"I didn't see any reason for you to say such things about me and Diya when you are a stranger for her" Raghav's eyes landed on me for a few seconds and snapped back to Arjun.

Hearing Arjun's reply made me stare at him with an unbelievable look as the words he uttered have shaken me to the core, "She is my responsibility" his voice is thick like thunder.

Am I hearing right? 

Did he say 'she is my responsibility which in sense I am his responsibility?

That she is me??

Why do I feel like my body is in the air with ultimate happiness even it comes out from him just to make peoples stay away from me and sadly I like this sudden happiness mixed with pain.

"Family friend. That's it but It doesn't mean she is your family" I want to stop Raghav as it's leading into an unwanted conversation which I hate to take more complicated than it already is.

"She is" Arjun voiced taking back a step to stand near me looking at Raghav in his cold gaze, his head titled towards me to look into my eyes with a perfect blankness which I once again failed to read the depth of emotions in it, I come out of his eyes when I felt a hand cloaked around my waist, my eyes widened as this sudden action as he once again looked at Raghav who is throwing daggers at his hands which are possessively held me, "She is my wife"

So, how is the chapter?

Spare my grammatical mistakes. 

What is running in his mind about Diya? What is planning for her future? Their future? 

Things are going to get complicated more and more with every passing day as their path of getting joined again is getting wider with every step they take. And the shallowness in Diya's heart is becoming big one day and the next day she is getting some hope to get back to her love of life again? Will she win more like will Arjun let Diya win in her life?

Bye, take care until the next chapter hopes you all stay safe.