22 - Spectator and Odd Men

Diya pov

"Come on dream bird, snap out of your dream" Yaashvi dragged my attention toward her.

I looked at her as she spoke further, "hope you don't forget that we are going to attend a meeting in an hour" she said placing a Pen drive on my table taking the seat beside me with a frown look.

"What happened to you?" I asked her.

She raised her eyebrows, "shouldn't I be the one to ask that question?"

I heaved a sigh and started to play with the pen in my hand as my thoughts again went to Arjun's face yesterday night the way he keeps on looking at my blood strained hand without averting his gaze apprised me something about the shrouded pain in his eyes.

There is a hell lot of things behind those emotionless eyes and his brother's anger that is bothering both of them to an extent.

What is they both are hiding? Why am I not getting the broken pieces together? How can I get into their problems?

"Again flew away into yo..." she stopped as a surprised gasp escaped her lips, "Diya, what happened to your hand" I quickly pulled my sleeve down to hide it but am already caught, "nothing just cut my hand while cooking" 

If she knows the reason she would definitely bury me deep down the ground, "stop fooling me around, will you cut vegetables keeping them in your wrist" she took my hand and removed the band to examine the wound, "Vi, someone might see" I said keeping my hand hidden under the table looking my surrounding.

"Spineless creature" her voice filled with anger as she stood up quickly to walk away taking her handbag with her, she is definitely going to do something stupid, I caught her hand stopping her, "where are you going?" 

"To kill someone" she was already out of the office without even informing our project lead, having no other choice I followed her taking my bad with me.

This will make the situation worse is she went to meet Arjun, she will definitely kill him with her anger. When I was outside the office I already saw her getting into the cab, I shouted her, "Yaashvi stop" but she is gone by now. So I followed her hiring another cab. Once we are outside his office, my body shivered unknowingly feeling an intense gaze on me.

"Yaashvi" I ran to her stopping her before she enters into the building, "have you gone crazy?" I tried to drag her but she is a bull out of reach to be in someone's hand for long, so I hold her with both my hands while the harsh act gave a sharp pain to my bruised hand, "Ssh" I moaned in pain as she stopped quickly, "come" she took me to the nearby small park and tied my hand with her kerchief silently thinking something very deeply.

"I am waiting," she said out of nowhere, "for whom?" I asked looking around as if we are waiting for someone, "for your explanation" I gave a confused looked while she gestured at my cut, "nothing big" I lied nervously looking at the grass.

"Spill. It. Out or I will do something that you might regret" 

Having no other option I told her everything excluding the party, she again stood up to walk out of the park but I again hold her hand stopping her, why can't she control her anger, "stop being like this" I said.

"Stop being like what?" she shouted, "as you can fix it," I said calmly.

"I can't but you can get out of that hell hole. Fight for yourself" she paused drinking my expressions slowly, "it's like you have no shame and self-respect for you, why can't you oppose him? why can't you fight for yourself Diya?"

"I can but..."

"You are becoming more weak Diya, your blind love is making a brainless human" she shouted, "get out of your dreamland, he can't ever make you happy, he can never give you love, he will destroy you completely" I cried hearing the truth again and again.