8.

Interhigh - Preliminaries, Tokyo's Central Gym3rd June, the last day

3rd June, the last day

Finally, the last day comes and we are now ready to start our last match. If we win that we can skip the first round in October Qualifications.

«Here we are again!»

Tokai's girls did their entrance into the court. They're all so tall that they can scare any team. Well except ours, we're friends, and even if we aren't big girls we're annoying opponents.

«Let's win this, girls!» I clap my hand and after a little warm up the referee whistle. The game can start.

We serve first and I begin with my lethal arm: jump serve. I put just 70% of my strength but it's enough to do an ace and gain us the first point. My team is not surprised, they only smile and give me some thumbs up.

The ball returned to my hand and at the exact moment, I hear the whistle I do another serve. Ace again.

Another one. This time their libero receives the ball and sends it to Sasaki, who's captain and setter of the team. She tosses the ball to their ace who spikes it.

Our middle blockers are fast enough.

«One touch!» Konishi's voice makes Mina start running toward the ball. She jumps before the line that divides the court and tosses it to Ana. Our setter spiked a ball tossed by our libero, gaining us another point.

The bench exploded in screams and we run to them with open arms.

This is great teamwork.

«Thank you for the game!» we bow our heads and run to shake each other hands.

When I reach Sasaki I tug her in a hug that she returns «Do you like our new tricks?»

She laugh «We lost so they are cool and powerful»

I step back «We will practice even more during the Training Camp»

Sasaki give me one last look «Hell yes, I'm so excited to spend some time with all the Golden

And with that our Preliminaries are over, finally. Coming out of the changing room I bumped into someone. I rub my nose and look up just to meet Kuroo's stupid smirk.

«Did you want to scare me to death or to break my nose?»

He sniffs «Sooo dramatic!» he gestures to me to follow him and all my team did. Kenma is right beside him.

«Kenma, how do your matches go?» I avoid Kuroo's curious face and speak to his friend. Kenma lifts his eyes from the game is playing.

«We lost the last one but we're still in the top four, yours?»

I snuggle my shoulder against Kuroo's «I bet Fukurodani beat you and you're annoyed!»

He didn't answer immediately «Yes, your boyfriend and his mates are too damn strong» he let out a sigh.